Today you get a got of my desk in the den as my desk in the studio is quite tidy excepting a layout in process for Get It Scrapped is sitting front and center. No peeks for you, today.
In the den, is much evidence of my pleasantly busy life right now, including:
- Two phones, my old Samsung and my new Samsung smart phone. I just got it over the weekend and while I was able to take the picture of my desk with its camera, I was not able to email it successfully to my home computer – something to do with encryption that I probably should have ignored. I guess either the phone or me is not as smart as needed. But my trusty point and shoot did the trick.
- A newspaper clipping that hubby brought up to me from the weekend paper. It is news that my old boss at the newspaper wrote a book called Paperboy in his retirement. It’s racking up the accolades apparently, named a Newberry Honor book among other things. I think he’d say in his modest self-effacing way: “Who’d’ve thunk it?” Not me, but congrats to him. Okay, that sounded like a back-handed compliment, didn’t it. I just mean that you don’t often think of people you know well as “award winning authors”. (Do you?)
- Under that is a piece of Basic Grey Basics patterned paper that I will be printing my journaling on for the aforementioned secret layout.
- 2 soon-to-expire catalogs from Stampin Up – I ordered a “few” things from the retiring list yesterday. As they have just announced a partnership with Becky Higgins for their own Project Life line, I suspect another order will be in the offing sooner rather than later. (You’re shocked, right?)
- A list of J’s senior pictures that I want in electronic form – I have to call about those and then go pick up our proofs.
- Then there is the stack of books I picked up on my last outing with L. It’s always good to have a couple extra books ready for when I finish the 3 I now have in process.
- You might spy the syllabus from Project Life Lessons. Yes, I decided on that class at Big Picture (deadline to join class is today, BTW). I am also signed up for the Sketchbook 2014 class of Kelly Purkey’s.
- My reading glasses – I don’t often put my contacts in at 4 a.m. when I sneak up to the den.
- There in the back is 5 days worth of mail that I need to sort. So I’d better be off.
You, on the other hand, might want to drop by Julia’s Stampin Ground and see what everyone else is up to today. I’ll hopping around there tomorrow, when the laundry is running. See ya!