photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

31 December 2013

Time For Tea . . . or bubbly?

Well, today I’ve actually had time to skip around the blogosphere and catch up with a few of you.  I am looking forward to doing more of that by the end of the week.  I know there have been lots of holiday celebrations to share and maybe even scrap, right?  I am seeing some fun wrap-up year-in-review posts too.

But this ain’t that.  This is just a chat.

DSC00743

Our Christmas was Grand and Great – that is the name of one of the layouts I am planning to scrap.  You see Grandma C (right) and Great Aunt G (left) were here on Christmas Eve with us – a real true blessing.  Ham and potato salad were on the menu, as they would have been if my Mom made Christmas dinner.  I like a little tradition mixed in with new experiences.

DSC00668

Christmas Day was spent at my sister’s house in Illinois, and there the group included some of my great-nephews and nieces, two celebrating their very first Christmas.  So we cavorted with old and young alike this holiday.

Since returning home, the four of us have been enjoying time off work.  We have had a few busy times too.  Evidence of that - a new car should be delivered to us by the end of the week – hubby is uber-excited about his new Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4 x 4 in true blue! 

Last night we went to Bonefish Grill on a whim after receiving an email touting that Bang Bang Shrimp and bubbly were on special.  We had not been eating out (which mostly necessitates a trip to the other side of town) in quite some time, so it was a fun spur of the minute thing to do.  The Bang Bang shrimp and their corn crab chowder were a bit hit with me. We passed on the bubbly, then, at least.

We have also taken down all the Christmas decorations (except for the 1 or 2 that won’t be noticed for a week or 2), and we’ve decked out the family room, if not the hall, with dozens of votive candles – ready for New Year’s Eve.  We’re hunkering down for a relaxing New Year’s Eve at home.  A Bond 007 marathon is planned, thanks to the boxed Blu-ray set the kids got their dad, and the menu is finger-food and bubbly.  Oh, let’s not forget the shaken, not stirred martinis that the men have planned. (Really truly, how’s that for a Bonding experience?)

Dinner is always super easy on NYE at our house.  Shrimp with cocktail sauce, crab cheese ball, cocktail wieners in BBQ sauce, sliced cheeses and summer sausage, assorted crackers and chips and leftover holiday sweets. We munch and crunch for quite a long time. There are two large bottles of fresh sparkling grape juice along with two mini bottles of sparkling wine that have aged for just about a year now.   Hmm . . . I’m getting a little thirsty hungry just thinking about it.

I better scoot along as the basketball game is in overtime, and I don’t want to miss the next installment of Sean Connery.  I’ll leave you with my new favorite picture – taken on Christmas Day.

DSC00731

And I raise a tea cup glass to wish a happy, healthy, hearty New Year to you all!

12 comments:

  1. Great pics!! Looks like a great holiday season! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! What a great family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your family photo! Happy new year to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy New Year to you and the family! It's sooo nice to see a happy family photo like that. I feel like waving..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great holiday season. Love your family photo. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy New Year S - thanks for the Xmas card too xxx

    I adore these photographs and the food descriptions - so interesting to see how things are your side of the pond! And that last photo of the 4 of you on the stair - BRILLIANT and crying out to be scrapped.

    All the best for 2014 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a great holiday! I am still working on getting all the decorations down. Today is my last vacation day and I could do chores like take down decorations or I could scrap....seems like scrapping is winning right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed seeing your family photos. Wishing you an awesome 2014. Right now I could do with a glass of bubbly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lovely family. (I LOVE your little dog!) Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm happy to find new bloggy friends! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year! Looks like you had a wonderful time during the holidays :) I'm going to follow you so I can make sure to come and visit again.See you around blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful catch up! I love the photograph on the stairs. We also had a very nice Christmas. The title for your layout is perfect.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wookie likes Vodka martinis so hopes yours were nice. Lovely photo and we too do quiet and easy on NYE.

    ReplyDelete