photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

25 February 2014

Get It Scrapped by Channeling Celeste

Devoted – A Layout For Get It Scrapped



Story: At Thanksgiving, I received a portrait of my husband’s maternal grandparents from my husband’s cousin.  One look at this elegant couple, and I wanted to get it into a scrapbook straight away.
Style: In an assignment for Get It Scrapped, we were to channel Celeste Smith.  Without getting all mystical on you, channeling is defined as exhibiting the traits of another person in one’s actions.  It is several steps removed from directly scraplifting their work.

What caught my eye about Celeste’s style:
  • large circles,
  • use of plain cardstock for backgrounds and
  • generally restrained use of embellishments.

Given that my page was a heritage page I settled upon some navy circles on a neutral ground cardstock and layered other prints on top to show only 15% of the bold base sheet. I repeated the circular elements in more subtle variations of punched paper circles, dotted paper and round alphabet stickers. The large circled paper gives the page real drama, but the context of other elements keeps it from becoming playful.
I consider my channeling experiment a success; hopefully, Celeste will too.
Stash: Cardstock, We R Memory Keepers; Patterned Paper, Fancy Pants, American Craft and Pink Paislee; Alphabet Stickers, Basic Grey; Wood veneer, Maya Road; Ink, Smooch Spritz; Edge Punch, EK Success; Stamps and Crochet Lace, Stampin Up; Stickpins, Making Memories; flowers and buttons from stash.

6 comments:

  1. what a lovely heritage page. I tend to go all dark and vintage in paper design and really must remember how lovely it looks when you use modern papers and colours too! A really super layout for this rather super photo. Makes me want to rush home and fish some of mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photo! I love what you've done with it. Thanks for your take on channeling, I much prefer this term to 'lifting', and it is much more apt to what I usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing vintage photos scrapped. This looks so clean and neat and just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you made an elegant layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a treasured photo. You highlighted it beautifully

    ReplyDelete