photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

26 February 2014

I Can’t Think of A Title for This Post (woyww)

Luckily I didn’t have that same problem with my last layout.  Yesterday Lain prompted us to “roll the die” on the order in which we put together a layout using these categories: photo, title, design, story, little things, paper.

Those are listed in the order they fell for me.  I started out with the photo, then the title "I love art".   I concocted a simple design using most scraps.  To add to the story I used quotes.  I had laid it all out on a white background and then switched to this heart paper (from my counterfeit kit) when the little things included some hearts - and lastly I adapted my title to I Heart Art.  Oops, I see now that a little red heart fell of the page between the studio and the den where I snap the pictures for the blog.  Still, this was a good page for using up scrap strips and old bits (now there’s a snappy title!).

i heart art-017

I quite like how this turned out, although I wish I had looked for a simple outlined heart to stamp with instead of doodling.  Oh well, doodling is more “artsy”.  (That’s my story anyway.)

Speaking of story, can you believe I managed four 12 x 12 layouts from a single weekend getaway – here’s another.  The title on this one ties into the postcard attached.

By The Drink

Clearly, hubby is going have to take me away much more often.  Somebody should tell him that!!  Correction -- someone should hand him a shot of fine single barrel Kentucky bourbon and tell him that. (wink, wink)

The rest of this week’s schedule has been co-opted by things I had not planned on when I made the bold statement (just 3 posts ago) about doubling up on layouts for the rest of February. You do know better by now than to listen to my wild claims, right?  Does that keep happening because I’m an optimist; or could we just chalk it up to how quickly things can change in this crazy world.  Yes, the latter must be it.  (At least, that’s my story.)

And because it’s Wednesday, I’ll leave you with a quick shot or two of the studio.  Let’s hope this is a busy spot for the next 3 days.  I can always clean it up in March. (Yep, that’s a story too, and I’m sticking to it.)

DSC00992

DSC00995

 Wanna play along with Julia and the gals?

19 comments:

  1. Great pages! I usually just sit and stare at my photos and do nothing! LOL! Total blank. Your desk is looking busy! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #81

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great pages and great shots of your desk. Thanks for the scrapping inspiration. :) #85

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts are awesome! Love the tags on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and well designed layouts. Thanks for sharing. Be well and stay warm ~ Carole 101

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Louisville layout. So bright and the red really pops. Love the play on the title, too. It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful LOs, Susanne!

    Thank you for stopping by this woyww--and the daughter says trust her, those are Jedis!

    :)trisha
    #20ish this week with
    Jedi mind tricks

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Great pages you made... I love both of them!! And after seeing your fun craft room I can see why your pages look so beautiful... you have real talent!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog Dotty #79

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your prayers, Susanne. They are GREATLY appreciated!

    I LOVE your layouts - particularly your use of those tags as a border! I will have to remember that in the future. Inspiring!

    Would LOVE for you to share your creativity with us at our weekly Inspire Me Monday party (it's open all week for your linking convenience!)

    Have a blessed week!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pages, Susanne. I know you are right - tidying up can happen in March - after all - February is such a short month, why waste time doing the clearing??
    Thanks for visiting - yes, I hope Mabel and I will have a profitable relationship!!
    Margaret #59

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nah, I wouldn't bother cleaning up. Anyway I think it looks really tidy in there! #51

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loveeeeeee your lo's! LOVING the colors and loving the hearts on the first one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some really great pages and what an awesome collection of copics on your desk. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 52
    Happy WOYWW & Happy Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute pages:) Keep forgetting to take a picture for wednesday on my desk. Yours looks more craftier that mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your layouts. I like to go away to work on layouts because then I'm not side tracked by grown up chores. :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. April #20

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the plan to discuss weekend away plans with the addition of some drinks is very sensible :) I do like the use of the postcard and the photo collage on that page.

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are awesome, loving the first one:):)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, you might as well stick to your stories, I claim to stick to mine!! lovely LOs gal, Mae me cough when you said you did for at a weekend...I usually aim for a dozen! Your desk looks pretty neat to me, are you sure it's march that's tidy time?!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great LOs thanks for visiting me this week.BJ#30

    ReplyDelete