photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

27 February 2014

Time For A Quick Cup Of Tea and Talk?

Let’s sit down in the library and chat a bit.  Want a chocolate chip cookie?

tea227

Oh my, hasn’t February just flown by.  Unlike January, I have been more focused.  Not of my own accord – but because of LayOut A Day.  I’ve really wanted to scrap every day so I was diligent in getting all the mundane every day things done in a timely fashion. (I’ve slept less, delegated more.)

I completed 21 pages this month – by happily digging into the pictures of my kids when they were little and using old class layouts and partial kits.  My scrap bin is full, my waste bin too.  I have tossed 5 or 6 empty kit bags. It was invigorating and stimulating to be immersed in so much paper so often.

Another fun experience was being back on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge team as a guest designer --more on that in tomorrow’s post.  Speaking of posts, I’ve blogged about every other day this month – it seems I quite like chatty typing and photo sharing!! I bet you do too.

On the homefront, it’s been a mixed bag with weather than ranged from near zero wind chills to days warm enough to spawn tornados just 40 or so miles away.  Both the furnace and the hot water heater take exception to drastic swings in temperature, luckily with no lasting ill effects.

Early in the month friend L and I were calling each other daily wondering when we would get out and about so we could cure our cabin fever.  Finally, last week we got away for a day of shopping, antiquing and lunch.  Not many purchases were made, but we felt giddy with liberation.  I was lucky to spy the second volume in a series of mysteries I started last year.

Speaking of books, I’m bogged down in the middle of my January book club book – it’s reading a little too much like newspaper accounts and not enough like a continuing story.  Take it from a woman who used to work at a newspaper.  (Do note that they would never let me write.)  I have yet to start February’s book as the month is fading away.  March is right around the corner – oh golly.

tea227b

March promises to be pure madness, and not just because college basketball tournament season will be here and the menfolk will ignore everything else. I have quite a list of projects needing to be done.  Don’t tell anyone that I made the list during bible study last Sunday.
 
Which reminds me, Lent is almost upon us.  Instead of giving up something, I think I’m going to start a new positive habit.  I’ve not decided upon one yet – there are so many possibilities (I need improvement on so many fronts).  Maybe I can narrow down that list in this Sunday’s bible study.  (Tsk, tsk, S.  Shame on you! Maybe there’s a better time for listmaking?)

Well, I am going to leave it there.  I hope to see you in March – maybe not so often.  Now, I’m off to see who else is having tea with Abi @ Creating Paper Dreams.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your tea time, It definitely sounds like you've had a busy month:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it HAS been a busy month and I've loved seeing more of you. Both in LOAD and over at CKC. Nice to have more of you.Thanks for the cuppa and sorry I couldn't take one of your biscuits - it's just that if I had one, you know that would be the slippery slope for me and the whole packet would have been gobbled up. There's no amount of jogging that could have fixed that! But the tea was lovely all the same and see you soon. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy month, thanks for the tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulously busy month ... busy is a good thing!!! and to get all of those layouts done .... amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great and busy month!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I would love a chocolate chip cookie, thank you! Sounds like you had a very productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I should just stand at the door? I might still be infectious! But it's good to be out of the house again and even nicer to catch up with what you have been doing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for that catch up. I'd be eager to hear your book suggestions. I have just finished a lovely series and am in that funny stage of not knowing what to read next! I too am trying to decide what to do for lent! It's a tricky one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab month. Looking forward to catching up with you in march x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been a while since I've been 'round, so it's nice to have this chance to chat. I love the cookies.
    Good for you on LOAD. Once I get settled in my new craft space, I too want to get some scrapping done. What a great reminder to use those class kits I have stored somewhere. Use it or toss it is definitely part of what I'll be doing this year.I need to think about lent and what I want to do . ..
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely catch up, thanks for the cookie and the reminder that Lent is around the corner. I like the idea of doing something rather than give up something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a TON of layouts, you definitely rocked the challenge. I'm impressed! I can't wait to see some of them showing up on your blog. Throwing those kit bags away always makes me super happy. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to catch up and I am super-impressed at the amount of scrapbooking you have done! I have smiled a little at the covert list-making in places you feel you shouldn't - just think of it as multi-tasking, using your God-given resourceful brain :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been busy, I like your idea about Lent too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. February has gone by so quickly and now it is March…This year is flying by and here I am stuck in the house for -30c temps…and that is on a nice day :(
    I am in awe of how many layouts you have been creating :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. HeHe - great minds think alike. Giving up something seems so negative, making a positive move is surely what Lent is really about?

    ReplyDelete