photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

04 March 2014

Get It Scrapped with a Bokeh Paper

Welcome Home – a layout for Get It Scrapped, using my my January Counterfeit Kit.



Story: Some of the first snapshots in my son’s baby photo album were about the preparation for his coming.  There is always lots to do for that first baby.  These shots show the sign on the door when we brought him home from the hospital and his nursery.   There were special memories about the nursery that I wanted to preserve, like the fact that his Grandma made some of the decorations.

Style: I used a bokeh print of soft pastel spots, keeping with the nursery theme, for my background.  I love this paper by Allison Kreft for Websters pages; perhaps you remember seeing it before.  I had also used it as a background there, the balance of white space on this particular pattern is so good.  (I might even have one sheet left, although the rest of my January kit is kaput.)

The dots might call to mind confetti which would be perfect for a celebration of the birth of a child.  Because the bokeh effect spreads in all directions, I chose to provide strong borders for the pictures with stickers and crocheted lace in complementary pastel shades.  Although the borders are straight, they are softened by the materials and colors I used.
Stash: Paper, Websters Pages; Cardstock, Stampin Up; Lace, We R Memory Keepers; Chipboard, American Crafts; Stickers, Hambly Studios; Buttons, Crate Paper.

16 comments:

  1. That paper is lovely. I've made a similar background, by dabbing the eraser on the end of a pencil onto different coloured ink pads. It's a tricky business to get the balance as perfect as that. Love the pretty lace. Thought I'd better pop over and pass you that cookie ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet layout - I really like the lace borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought confetti when i first saw the patterned paper. Perfect for a baby page x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the paper you chose for the nursery photos, love the lace ... just a fabulous layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. The composition is awesome. You are REALLY good at composition. Really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love that background paper! It's so much fun. This layout is completely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the use of the framing here against that paper. Glad you got the memories preserved too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bokeh print and the layout! It is a cute page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is so pretty.
    I wish I would have taken more photos like this when my girls were babies, or before they were born.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout, love the crochet trims you added to this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful - the lace trims add a great textural finish. Love that bokeh paper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty - this paper is lovely here. I like your balance of elements too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What sweet memories. Perfect preservation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is darling! And thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good choice on paper that is perfect for that :) Super cute layout too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous layout. The frame makes for a great presentation.

    ReplyDelete