photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

24 August 2014

August Counterfeit Member Hop

Beautiful You – A Counterfeit Kit Challenge layout

beautiful you 2
Story: Do I need to say anything here?
Style: The third CKC challenge was to use vellum.  I did not put vellum in my kit, because I rarely use it.  But when I needed a buffer between my title word beautiful and the pattern behind it – vellum came to my rescue – beautifully, you might say! 

beautiful you detail 2
Stash: I was near the end of using up my August counterfeit kit, so I started the page by cutting an irregular edge on the postage stamp paper.  I just let things evolve from there.  The other patterned card is from a stationery set by Gallison that I sliced in two. It had the right tones of pink and peach to work with my page.

I only used chipboard, buttons and a single word sticker (yes, a sticker and not a fancy-schmancy electronically made die-cut – I am so utterly old school!) to embellish this photo.  The round items are really old chipboard from Hampton Art that was included in my August counterfeit kit, and the words were leftovers from an even more ancient package by K & Company.

Did you notice that I grounded all the elements to an outside edge (or two), but didn’t trap any of the irregular white space.  Did you notice that the background paper is all rectangles and straight edges and the embellishments are all circles?
Now you can see all the other counterfeiters dazzle you here:
Counterfeit Kit Challenge 
Jemma
Tina
Susanne - you are here!
Elaine
Lesley
Laura
Leslie
Cindy
Lisa
Binty
Julene
If you have a hankering to play with buttons, do check out The Studio Challenges where the August challenge is to use buttons in creative ways.

28 comments:

  1. Such a pretty and elegant Lo.. and girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout and daughter(?) - love the little row of buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning page - great use of the remains of a kit (or two) - you know I love buttons so that's a given, but I'm very grateful for the reminder to use vellum to tone down a pattern under a title. DD looks gorgeous too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very clever and economical layout.Yes, vellum is ideal to cover up a pattern or just to soften a page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful layout, Susanne! Such soft colors and embellies. They look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using vellum in this way and it's perfect on your layout of your beautiful girl! I recognised those K&Co words straight away - I think I had the complete collection of products and loved them to pieces. A really pretty, perfectly executed layout - so soft and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a soft and subtle technique. quite genius, actually! Must remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet layout. Love to use vellum as a buffer, great take on the challenge.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love love love love the way you added the journal words around the photo and the buttons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout and such a smart use of the vellum (will be keeping that tip on hand.) Love the button border

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautiful LO. love u'r use of the vellum. also love how u cut the postage paper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely and pretty page, love your use of buttons, thanks so much for playing along with us at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page!!!! I love your use of buttons.
    Thanks for playing with us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. vellum just gives that serene soft look...its perfect here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent use of the title words. The eye flows around the subject and then come to rest on that darling face.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely layout! I especially like the row of buttons - good idea to use up your stash ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I'm so late getting around this hop!
    A really beautiful layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I like those edges, nothing wrong with stickers - having finally connected up my cameo this weekend I'm remembering how easy dies and punches are ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. No, I didn't notice the details you highlighed, but when I look at the page, it surely gives the design a more uniform look :-). The button border looks devine!
    Thank you for playing with us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the mix of shapes=and the stickers are just easier sometimes, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a soft and beautiful page. Great use of vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  22. your layout is fabulous! I really love the colors that you created with! thanks for playing along with the studio! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful layout! The colours are gorgeous and I love how you have used the buttons!
    Thank you for playing along with us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely layout. Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your layout is very nice, I love the delicacy you samples. Thanks for participating in The Studio Challenges

    ReplyDelete