photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

18 August 2014

Quite The Trio

Trio – a Counterfeit Kit Challenge layout

trio-001
Story: This is my brother-in-law and his family.  They are lots of fun to be around.  (And that’s not all because my sis-in-law is a scrapper too.)
Style: This Swagger paper from Fancy Pants has a huge fleur de lis in the bottom right corner.  I used that as the pivot point for a bracket shelf I formed out of stickers, washi tape and the line of small fleur de lis printed on the paper.

In order to establish an upward flow, I stamped several fleur in the top right corner as well as some faint circles using the bottom of a cup behind the title, so that it echoed my main cluster. I added a sticker across the top that matched the row of fleur at the bottom, so that the eye doesn't travel completely off the page.  I added a small brad anchor in the left corner.

I made the title a bit playful, and fun like they are.  I pulled out my very old Stampin Up metallic pencils, and colored the chipboard letters gold to match the sheen of the washi tape.  It doesn’t show well in the picture, but looks great close-up.
Stash: I admit to pulling out a few things in addition to my August counterfeit kit:  the blue scrap of paper layered to play off the blues in the patterned paper plus the chipboard, wood maple button and large brad found in my cluster.
It’s a great family portrait and I managed to scrap it without ruining it.  Yay!!  I loved that paper, and I’m happy it turned into a special page.  Did you hear me say – Yay!!

8 comments:

  1. He will love it. Very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeee it!! Great colors and loving the layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday! Great job with your layout! They should love what you did. Great use of layering! And use of Washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great job creating a page that looks lovely and highlights the photo perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout and the style matches the photo really well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of that paper and it compliments the photo so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great use of that paper which would have scared me more than the family portrait! you did a wonderful job of creating a beautiful page showcasing a super photo but still adding so much to admire into your design

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard ya'!
    I too love the Swagger range. A great photo to scrap and I love that bottom cluster :)

    ReplyDelete