photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

22 August 2014

The Good Old Days

The Good Old Days – a Counterfeit Kit Challenge layout



Story: These two are my older brothers, sitting in the front yard of our childhood home before I was even born.  The eldest seems to be pleased as punch with the quarter he is showing off.  Given his younger brother’s calm expression, he didn’t swipe it. (Not that he would do that.)
Style: Can you believe I am using doilies on a page about little boys?  Doilies are certainly nostalgic (think grandmother’s dresser scarves); so I think I got away with it.  I misted both the wooden doily and the paper one, but one was porous and one was not – therefore, the end effect looks very different.  I added the wooden doily later and did not mist it because it was darker.


Stash: All this was from my August counterfeit kit except for the alphabets from October Afternoon & Fiskars/Cloud 9, the two brads from Stampin Up and the wooden doily from Kaisercraft.

The scale of the alphabets in my kit just were not right.  I often find that of all the supplies I gather for a kit, the proper alphabets are the hardest to anticipate.  Are you good at guessing what kinds of letters you will need?

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeee the colors, the photo, the doily and the metal embellishments!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is beautiful. The colours you chose really compliment your photo. The doilies fit right in and so do the metal accents. I often just custom cut my titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find choosing alphas tricky. Sometimes I get it to work, sometimes it doesn't look anything like the picture I had in my head.

    I do love a doily! (and that yellow with the tone of that photo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its lovely. Alphas can be tricky...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous! It made me smile because I'm busy working on a mini-album today using the Indian Summer papers from We R Memory Keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that black and white photo from way back when looks so perfect on the yellow paper. Love the doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful-love these colors, vintage perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you have organized your blog post. Great vintage feel to your page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very beautiful, the vintage colours highlight the photo just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout and so vintage feel for it too :)

    ReplyDelete