photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

24 January 2015

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop for January

Hello, and welcome to the January 2015 monthly blog hop where we all join in trying to meet the challenges set by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.  Here is the line-up this month:
Blog hops are one just source of shared fun in the internet scrapbooking realm, and today I am showing you a layout about another – swaps.

Swap Fun! – a Counterfeit Kit Challenge layout

DSC00445 

Story: Back in May 2013, Sian of From High In The Sky arranged an around-the-globe swap of treasures among scrapbookers.  Here are the photos of the items I received and those I sent which I blogged about back then.  I printed the photos in two sizes, perhaps to be included on a Project Life page, and then set them aside and forgot about them.  I unearthed the photos recently and set about scrapping them.

Style: The title work here was done in response to the this month’s #3 challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge to use negatives on your pages.  I think the HUGE title reflects that there is big fun in swapping little bits.  I know a design professional might say the scale is out of proportion – but I say phooey – it’s fun, I like it, and it is MY page!  As you can see, I had mostly negatives left in this set, and even then I had to finagle an ”A” from the negative of a “V”.

Stash: All the supplies for this page came from my January 2015 Counterfeit Kit, with two very important exceptions. When I started looking at the photos closely, I recognized two distinctive items received in the swap that I had not used yet:  the butterfly brad and the yellow arrow clip.  I even remembered where they were – in my box of bits and bobs for Project Life and for crops.  I used them at the top of the page to start a visual triangle of arrows in decreasing sizes around the page.


DSC00446

A year and a half later, those two bits (or are they bobs?) are about all that is left of that huge stash of little treasures received from Jennifer of On A Tangent.   It makes me smile to think of so many little treasures having been used.

Now I challenge you to work with negatives on your page.  Or if you happened to participate in the Great Big Swap of Very Small Things, why not see if you can use some of those little treasures on a page, if you haven’t already depleted that supply.

 But first, go check out what Laura of Beads, Buttons & Birds has whipped up.  Enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. Lovely layout and a wonderful idea for a swap too. The negatives with the letters do make fun title blocks :) I'm enjoying the layout of your blog posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your creativity. Not just in your pages but in your style of presenting, as well. I find so much to be inspired by your posts! Really cute page! I used to swap all the time when I was a Creative Memories only scrapper -- we swapped handmade borders of paper, stickers and dies with CM only products. Usually it was swap groups of ten. I can remember the anticipation waiting for my packages. Looks like you got a fabulous assortment. Great page and use of negative space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that's a fab layout love how bright and positive it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page about a fun aspect of international scrapping & blogging! Love that you used some of the swap items on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeeee this! LOVING the colors and the title work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layouts are always so much fun to see, read and interpret and this one is absolutely no exception. Looks like a wonderful swap and how wonderful that you've really used up all those bits and bobs on layouts. Fun, fun, fun. And the negative A? Had NO idea that wasn't originally an A!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swapping is one of the best parts of scrapbooking. I took advantage of a swap table at a retreat last weekend. One scrapper's clutter is another scrapper's treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful page! I love that photo of all of the beautiful treasures you received-looks like such a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! I think your design is perfect - you really captured the fun of the swap! So well put together - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Susan said you've captured the essence of your swap so well on here. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout and great story too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you got those last bits on the page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to scrap about the swap and so much fun that you were able to use a few pieces from the swap on this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the idea of the stash swap, and that you used a couple on the layout is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layout and the story behind it. I am always thrilled when I use those last bits and bobs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I like hearing that you used some bits from the swap on the page. Well finagled with that A from a V too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great layout. Love that there was embellishments left to add to the page.
    Cindy ;.

    ReplyDelete