photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

12 January 2015

Me On Monday - Priority

Surrounded by incoming and out-going mail – priority, don’t you know!

DSC00436

It was an end-of-break, returning daughter to college, rushing home to the beat the ice storm (that thankfully did not materialize here), welcoming son back and listening to stories from his 10 day vacation in a warmer climate of rainforests and beaches, winding down at the end by watching basketball and Downton Abbey kind of weekend.

Our Christmas break was all too short.  We were plenty busy, as attested to by the fact that the priority mail package there on the left is a warehouse sale box of scrapbook kits.  When it takes a week for such a box to be opened, you know life is busy.  In fact, it may not make it from the den down the hall to the scrap studio for another couple days as there is a project in process in between that hampers free movement.  (More on that next week, umm . . . if it’s done.)

And the boxes there on the right?  Well, the largest is a few things that daughter needs up at college. Yes that very same daughter we just took back.  One item we brought back by mistake, another item she forgot to take with her, a third item is a little souvenir from her brother’s vacation, and the last item was added after her Monday morning call saying she was switching a class and therefore needed something, which we luckily had here at home.  So I popped the just-sealed box open, added said supply and popped the box closed.  Sure, she could run and pick up a couple of those things, but that means she would have to ride the bus, or worse take her car out to Walmart to pick them up.  The college got a couple of inches of snow over a thin layer of ice, so I prefer the US postal service handle the transportation. She will have the stuff by Wednesday at the latest without leaving the comfort of the campus (which coincides with her mother’s comfort zone).

The smaller box is a slightly belated birthday gift for my niece who is also away at college.  I wished her greetings on Facebook last week, but it is not the same.  Homemade card and gift I know she will use will be on it’s way.

Well, I’d better scoot – we’re going to the gym – hubby and I.  That’s the third time since the New Year began.  I’m not bragging – I am as astonished as you.  It will be hubby’s determination and steadfastness of purpose if we keep up this pace.  And we probably will, as it is his project that has left “my” house turned upside down – but we are making progress on something that has long been neglected.  Hmmm . . . I wonder if this is part and parcel of my, umm . . .  I mean our “new normal” now that he is retired.  We shall see.

For now I am waving hi at Sian and the many “MEs on Monday!.

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year - I hope you get to enjoy your scrap box soon enough x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with the new regime, it's all about starting afresh really I suppose, and finding your new normal x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you felt good after the Gym...looking forward to hearing about the project! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy start to the new year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is pure restraint to not look in your scrappy box of goodies! You sure have been busy. That is great that you are at the gym. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think college daughters are notorious for needing something from home---just after they left. I remember many priority boxes when my girls were that age!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that unopened box of supplies really does show how busy you have been!

    My boy had a new jacket he wanted to take back. It wouldn't fit in his back, so I wanted him to wear two jackets onto the plane. needless to say, he turned down that idea so I'm off to the Post Office this morning too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be bag, of course, not "back"..

    ReplyDelete
  9. There would never be an unopened box of supplies in my house...I tear into it as soon as I get to my car ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm intrigued about the project that causing those scrap supplies to remain in the box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No time to open new parcels of supplies? A sure indication of how busy you've been!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are not the only one who spends the week after family visitors rounding up stuff and sending it back :). Mmm, that's an interesting teaser about the house project ... Hope you are not too sore after the gymn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness, I second Debs14's comment! :)

    ReplyDelete