photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

26 February 2015

Cards of Every Sort

Just a quick post today to show you cards, cards of every sort – incoming and outgoing.

First, more postcards arrived from blog friends joining in Sian’s Valentines Swap.  The left one is from Carole Anderson in the UK.  She loves this book – which I have to admit I have never read, although it has been downloaded on my Nook for over a year. I love the shades on pink on this card.  The right one is from Maya, a transplant from the Midwest to the Northeast US, where she loves to visit New York. Going to some Broadway shows in New York is definitely on our bucket list.  Now into my PL pocket page protector, these two beauties will go.  I’m wondering from where No. 6 will be coming.

DSC00969

Secondly, with all the traveling we are doing, I needed some cute little cards in which to stick the tip for housekeeping at the hotels.  I decided to employ some leftover WRMK everyday life cards, cutting some in half to make a pocket and using only odds and ends to embellish them.  I kept it quick by printing a label instead of stamping one.  I am hoping to  stamp on the next round – wishfully that will be soon meaning I have used these up on more trips!

DSC00972

Third, cards I made using the Stampin Up Set in my February Counterfeit kit, called Love You More.  I was glad to use up 2 more of these heart shaped buttons from a box of scrappy finds picked up at a flea market last year or the year before; there were quite a lot of them in various colors.  These match Stampin Up’s trendy new Blackberry Bliss ink perfectly.  The music stamp there is by Anna Griffin for All Night Media.

DSC00658DSC00659

Finally, this Valentine’s card using scraps from my January Counterfeit kit.

DSC00497-001 

Looking back on this month, I had a lot of time for blogging between the Village kit and five other projects that I scrapped and then blogged.  We were out-of-town for the first 3 weekends of the month, so that means my scrappy time is coming during the week.  Just imagine the scrapping I could get done if home on a weekend, like this coming one.  High on the agenda will be tackling this one pound envelope of prints I ordered from our first two trips.

DSC00973

I hope you get some scrappy time in this weekend as well.

9 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I love the idea of a pretty pocket for tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a fresh stack of photos to get the scrapbooking brain whirring.

    It's lovely to see more of your cards. I hope your last postcard will be with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the cards! Gorgeous!! And YAY! for new pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute and great ideas too!!! Your gonna have some doing that pack of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun new memories to scrap! Can't believe you have never read Little Women! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards! Such a cute idea for housekeeping tips. Seems like you have been busy traveling and now will be busy scrapping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards - coming & going! I just received one of those New York postcards myself. How FUN - a new batch of photos to play with. I'll be home and in my craft room this weekend waiting for the snow and ice to melt! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the middle cards. And looking forward to seeing your layouts now that I'm back on the scrapbooking band wagon.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way of leaving the tip. I must remember this for our next trip.

    ReplyDelete