photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

18 February 2015

Choices, Choices–How did you do?

Well, we are past the point where you, you out there, you reading this right now, you who are so crafty, have made your choices of patterned paper for the Scrap Village Kit.  YOU have had your say.

Are you sure this is what you wanted?

DSC00844

Or perhaps it was quite the reverse?

DSC00846

Ah yes, that looks more familiar.  Sunny side up, one might say, conversely.  Or it that obversely? Inversely? Perhaps just contrary wise. (Contrary and not wise, is more like her, you are thinking.)

Back to the task at hand.  I think you have done well - very well.  Want in on a little secret?  Let me show you what I had originally envisioned:

choice a-014

So, of the 6 patterned papers, you agreed with me 4 out of 6 times.  That is interesting.  Here is how I thought the other choices would have looked together – the road not taken, so to speak.

choice b-013

This set is much less coordinated than either my first choice or the choices you made.  Alas, I was really quite enamored with that house with the coral pink in it, and the baskets (think Longaberger) too.  But democracy rules in the Scrap Village.

The last possibility – your rejects, well those looked like the most odd lot of all – so much so I didn’t even photograph them. I guess that in itself is an affirmation of your good decisions; or is that confirmation, authentication or even asseveration?  (Did she fall down in that lower level bookstore and conk her head on a thesaurus, you are probably wondering.)

DSC00846DSC00844

Given that I can use both fronts and back of what you have chosen, I can see that you simply nailed it. The fronts are all are tending all yellow, but the reverses amplify the colors that can be drawn in.  I think that the group as a whole improved on my choices alone.  How nice it is to have a little help from my friends.  (Note: I have now closed the comments on the choices up to this point, but there is still time to have your say on embellishments.)

Just a few more days and you will have chosen the entire kit.  Tomorrow's post even gives you hints about what I was thinking of calling the kit.  See you then?

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, we did quite well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. And what you make with it will be even more so, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the end result!!! Still love that coral house paper!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good like with your scrappy kit. Looks quite interesting. Waiting with anticipation to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the first choice~love the pop of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The papers look terrific together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it! I think they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! I think they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to join in with this game, but accounts got in my way (so many extra hours but chargeable at least) but I do like the papers that have been chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it's going to be a great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so much fun, what a great kit it's going to be :)

    ReplyDelete