photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

22 February 2015

Fave Spot

Fave Spot! – A Counterfeit Kit – Use-Up-The-Paper Scraps layout!

layout appearing on www.snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com 

Start: Getting back from a quick weekend trip on this Sunday afternoon, I had time to occupy myself in the studio, waiting for the ice to melt and anticipating picking up Duke from the kennel.   I decided to use another Stuck?! sketch and just pull the first picture I could find that would work with it. I’m working my way through a stack of odds and ends photos that accumulated last year, because I am too lazy to organize or prioritize them.

Story: This snapshot is the Harvest Inn in Napa Valley.  We really like Napa and this Inn was both charming and comfortable.  They also have plan to open a small restaurant this year, so we will have an excuse to revisit them.

Stash: All the paper here is leftover bits from my February Counterfeit Kit, everything else was pulled from stash.

Stampin Up resist specialty cardstock, Studio Calico Mr. Huey Bazinga mist, American Crafts Dear Lizzy Thickers, Peebles Carefree alphabet, Hello Forever stickers and buttons from my stock.

I decided to use my Fiskars cloud stamps in three sizes to punch scraps and then use them as masks on the top of the background.  I love the way the way this looks again the resist crosshatch pattern, and ties into that paper on the right from My Mind’s Eye (Lime Twist Geniune).  You will notice I also sprinkled a few punched clouds around the clusters as well.

Clouds are not the only thing repeated on the page - arrows included those stamped with a Freckled Fawn (Oh Deer Me) set, appear around the page.

19 comments:

  1. A great way to use up your scraps and finish off your kit! Lovely layout, soft and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the resist pattern - I like the softness of the blue mist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those punched clouds picking up your paper theme - very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I could make an entire album of just scraps. ;) And I would probably still have scraps left. That thought is terrifying.

    I so need to get back to Counterfeit Kit. I miss it. Maybe I can play over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page, love your small scale photo and tons of white space! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is lovely…everything ties in so nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout, you've got just the right amount of colour to complement that lovely backing paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is designed well and is a fun memory page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this page! Gorgeous!
    I'm pinning it so I can be inspired by it again...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love the masking in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you used a cloud mask..such a lovely effect over your textured cardstock x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the clouds masked in the background and your colourful title! Fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a happy layout! Glad to read there's an excuse to return to a place you enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea with the clouds! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great take on the sketch! Love the masking and cloud dies and the depth they create. Your layering and colorful title also catch my attention. Your buttons are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful page and take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that background work! Thought it was a piece of patterned paper for a minute, there! That's how good it looks! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete