photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 February 2015

February 2015 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop

Have we got a kit for you to copy!!  If you’ve just come from Jemma‘s blog, then you know the kit (swoon!) that has been chosen as this month’s inspiration kit

Peek: This month’s inspiration kit – Across the Miles – from scrapbook.com – July 2014

Scrapbook.com Kit Club - Across The Miles
(swoon!)

Plan: I have full calendar of activities already planned for February, the shortest month of the year, so I proposed compiling a small kit.  Then I got tied into both the travel and the love themes represented there, and I dropped that proposition.  It should come as no surprise, as I didn’t stick to last month’s plan either. Remember the Cricut cartridge I was supposed to include each month.  This month stamps are standing in as a substitute because I didn’t have time to actually use the Cricut last month.  So let’s just say it will be “traveling forward” to February’s kit so it can get a little love.

I feel like I was able to come up with suitable stand-ins for everything in the kit.  For that iconic gold map paper – I substituted a couple of clear map transparencies – one in gold and one in white.  Overall my kit has a wider range of colors than the original (imagine that, more color from moi), but my pattern matching was spot on:  bokeh, clouds, text, gold bursts, stripes, arrows, wood grain.  It is all there.

Presenting: Can I get a little swoon for this?

February 2105 Counterfeit Kit 

Papers: Elle’s Studio Day to Day Good Morning
We R Memory Keepers Antique Chic Blue Cardstock
Echo Park Capture Life Bokeh Blur (reverse)
We R Memory Keepers “Red White and Blue” White Cardstock
My Mind’s Eye Now & Then Izzy Happenings Celebrate
My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist Fly A Kite Genuine Sky
Elle’s Studio Saltwater Endless Summer
Teresa Collins Nine & Co. Sunburst
Echo Park Dots & Stripes  Blueberry
Queen & Co. Summer Arrows
Elle’s Studio Everyday Moments Numbers
My Mind’s Eye Necessities Light Wood
Heidi Swapp World Traveler Compass

Pretties: Sassafras Sunshine Lollipop Alphabet
Peebles Mini ABC’s
Amy Tangerine Typed Transparent Stickers
Map Transparencies by Unknown Makers
Maya Road Wooden Icons
American Crafts Dear Lizzy Flair
One Little Bird Mini Flair
Echo Park Capture Life 3x4 & 4x6 cards
Fancy Pants Meology Button Pack
Jenni Bowlin Rhinestone Stars
Basic Grey Bling It On Rhinestone Arrows
Martha Stewart Stitched Labels
Dear Lizzy Springhouse Paper Flowers
Jenni Bowlin Postage Stamp Label Stickers

Plus: Stampin Up Love You More Stamp Set
Stampin Up Follow My Heart Stamp Set
Stampin Up Arrows embossing folder
Stampin Up 1” round and bitty banner punches

Parade: I am sending you to Lesley‘s blog next.  Here is the whole listing in case you did not start at the beginning on Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.


I hope you will be inspired by all the kits and put a kit of your own together.  All are welcome.  You will find lots of encouragement hanging out with us copycats.

20 comments:

  1. lots of colour but lots of prettiness too. This is a kit that would inspire me in my scrapbooking filled month (LOAD starts today!). Really like the bold colours and I agree that you are pretty true to the original. Love it! And I love that you have intentions but are fully prepared to head off in your own direction! Here's to individuality :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you put stamps and punches in your kit too. I always forget about things like that.
    A beautiful kit to slot into those spare 5 minutes in your busy February

    ReplyDelete
  3. So loving what you put together!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great kit you put together! I like colour too! Look forward to seeing what you create with your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cheery lot. Sets the mood for some happy scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the addition of the punches-I'll have to rememberthat for my next kit! Love the addition of the hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That gold map paper in the original kit is amazing. Great matches in your own kit. Love the bitty banner punch. So useful. I made a Valentine card using it, just last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful kit! Love the paper choices and can't wait to see what you do with the SU bitty banner punch (I got the punch in a secret santa gift this Christmas) I have yet to use mine :) Yep that darn cricut cartridge :) I didn't have a chance to use mine last month neither! But props to Cindy she did great with her's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooh, how lovely! The little flowers and flairs are gorgeous! I have an Eiffel tower stamp too, your kit reminded me. Enjoy using the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swoon, indeed! A vibrant kit with the addition of those happy flowers and cloud paper. Ahhh...I feel like a lady of leisure! Have fun scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love your counterfeit kits. They turn out wonderfully. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great interpretation of the kit! Love that you've included stamps (great Eiffel!) and punches! this is bright and happy to play in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A brilliant kit - very you. Had to laugh at the way your plans got scuppered as you chose your stash - I've given up having plans as they never work out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice kit! Love how full and colorful it is!! Glad you kept adding on because I'm confident that you are going to be motivated to create a lot of wonderful projects with that marvelous collection -- looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dropping in to say Hi & thanks for leaving a comment on my blog post. Tea & cake in the Library was just a perfect thing to do between cutting and stitching paper. The kit looks exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome kit, you definitely have a lot to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As someone really new to counterfeiting kits, I really appreciate your thorough explanation and the list of your kit contents. It looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh, so pretty and so happy! Love how you've included the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely swooning over your kit here!

    ReplyDelete