photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

08 February 2015

Out of the Box and Into the Pocket

After showing you my new Counterfeit kit last Sunday, I thought I ought to get to using all those goodies right away. That title makes you think it all happened lickety-split, doesn’t it?  Except I put that kit together weeks ago, and here it is a week after I blogged about it and not much has happened.  Urgency about scrapping has not been SOP around here lately.  I blame it on the retired spouse keeping me busy with other things – which I have also yet to get around to blogging!

Not only have I procrastinated about using my February kit, I have been up in the air about how, if, why and/or when I might tackle Project Life this year.  You already know that I am using the planner, and that will hold a few pictures each month.  I decided to put everyday photos and snaps of projects that we accomplish in the planner.  I can pull those photo pages out at the end of the year for an album; I don’t plan on keeping my planner pages as a rule.

Then I decided to use a large Project Life album and the Kraft Edition cards as the basis for a travelogue – it will include new places, both near and far, that we visit this year.  I did manage to start using those cards as soon as I opened the box.  Here is the title page – at some point, one of these cards may be swapped out for a collage of highlight photos.

DSC00618



Sorry the picture is not sharper, but the sun isn’t cooperating and Picasa doesn’t do well on contrast with pages containing brown or kraft, it seems.  That will surely bug me a time or two more this year.  The two papers on the right hand side are from my February kit as well as the transparency and the balloon flair.  The other cards are from the Kraft Edition of Project Life by Becky Higgins.  I have already discovered that there are many, many shades of kraft, but I will try not to let that bug me. The little doodads are from my stash.  The stamped tag there was from a swap or a long ago kit, I think.

It feels good to get that first page done.  Whew!

19 comments:

  1. Great title page. I love kraft! I can imagine that your regular daily routine would be off now. I'm sure it will all adjust into a new normal soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kraft Susanne, the page looks really good and I hope your other pages come together as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this!!! LOVING the map papers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, it's going to be such an amazing album

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely title page. I love using kraft in PL. It seems to work with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! That airplane clip is adorbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fallen in love with the aeroplane paper clip!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great start to a travel album! Think about the variety of kraft papers like this - all the places you travel will be different, have different colors and different people and different sites, but they'll all go together in your album! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely idea- and I like how you filled the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Kraft as the basis of a page or card...this is lovely...I hope you have lots and lots of travels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Ugh Picasa! Seriously....same issue yesterday with some Kraft boxes I made.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this title page! And, I'm right there with you -- life getting in the way of using my kit -- a thousand little things that move to the front of each days agenda, (reluctantly!)
    As I am going to dabble in Project Life style scrapbooking next month (and setting it up a little this month), I'll, especially, enjoy seeing how this album evolves for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is a cool 1st page and great way to start the journey of the year, hmmm I guess I got something to look forward too when my hubby retires! Shesh some of the looks I get when I go in my room to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely title page.

    We are using the Kraft PL Kit as well this year for the gratitude album and I know what you mean about the many shades of kraft. I ended up pulling all the kraft journalling cards as they bugged me against the creamy colours elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  15. trying to catch up with what you've been up to during Feb! I especially like the bottom right card here. Sounds like a plan in action that you have there!

    ReplyDelete