photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

20 March 2015

A Second Scrapbook Kit for March 2015

Well, it wasn’t even the Ides of March, and I had completed my Counterfeit Kit for the month.  With 2 plus weeks of Calvinball still ahead of me, I needed another kit.  And quick.  So I decided to use one of the easiest methods of making a kit  -- start with a kit.

Mar 2nd kit paper-001 

In my stash I still had this leftover kit from a Creating Keepsakes class circa 2012. This wasn’t a class I had taken, I purchased just the kit and instructions – when it was later discounted.  The kit was cardstock heavy – 2 sheets each of 3 neutral colors plus 3 sheets of patterned paper.

Mar 2nd kit full 

They were very generous with the add-ons, a full sheet of chipboard stickers, 2 alphabets, a package of file folder tabs plus a package of small tags, and a few buttons with matching twine.  The kit was meant to create 2 double spreads designed by Nicole Harper.  And it’s a pretty nice kit!

However, I felt like there wasn’t enough patterned paper.  You know my crush on patterned paper.   I decided to heft up the kit –  first looking for Crate Paper’s Storyteller and Studio Calico’s Classic Calico lines that were represented there.  I had 4 sheets of Storyteller (one dup), plus a set of buttons and layered stickers.  From my Studio Calico stash, I grabbed a sheet of SC Classic Calico, a die-cut placement, another colorful plaid pattern, a small Tim & Beck for SC alpha, a Hello Forever for SC label sheet and a package of wood veneer shapes (that I wish I had known about for my first kit this month.) Now to American Crafts to add 2 sheets of cardstock in autumn colors, another alphabet and more twine.  Now we’re talking!

By sticking with the companies (all under the American Crafts umbrella now) represented in the original kit, I found matching to be simple.  I ramped up the color in what was a very neutral kit.  No surprise there.

Mar 2nd kit final 

Since I started with a class kit, it was simple enough to name my new kit.  I’ll begin with the suggested page instructions from Nicole and see how I progress from there.  I’d better get to studying!!

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful kit. Fun to see your process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this kit even better than the first one.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you put this one together...amazing colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for finishing your first kit, and the second one looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a great kit to start with, but love your additions to it! I have lots of that same product -- mostly unopened -- you are inspiring me to get it out and play!

    ReplyDelete