Scrappers are behaving badly, um . . . I mean, crazily, um . . . well, creatively chaotic. There are over 1,350 layouts posted through Week 3. Check it out.
My statistics in a nutshell are:
47 Scrappy points (points for pages, projects, etc.)
81 Bonus points (points for everything else, including challenges, participation etc.)
128 Total points
And I’m not even going to win, place or show in this crazy race.
Then there are the unofficial statistics:
- 2 paper cuts
- 4 coats of liquid bandage to seal said paper cuts
- 5 empty adhesive dispensers in the recycle bin (not all were full to start)
- 20 mornings I thought about Calvinball before breakfast (out of town – 2 days)
- 10 evenings I thought about Calvinball as my head hit the pillow
- 20 (of 27.5) ml of Mr. Huey white mist dumped accidentally
- 3 paper towels needed to clean craft mat, countertop, and numerous items under counter
- 2 pieces of cardstock soaked, but still not white when they dried – what??
- 2 ml of Mr. Huey white mist dumped in the circular file on purpose, then retrieved to be further investigated and perhaps salvaged at a later date
- 2 bottles of Undo discovered in stash after making special Michaels trip to buy Undu
- 2 glue dots used, before depleting my supply, shortly after returning from said Michaels trip, where I had not purchased glue dots
- 1/2 roll of glue dots recovered from the depths of the scrapbook tote taken to my last crop
- 5 supplies I remembered/discovered I had after finishing a page for which they would have been perfect
- 2 of those supplies added to finished pages before filing them in albums
- 3 remaining supplies that may not make it to another page until next year’s Calvinball
- 3 orders of photo prints from Shutterfly so far (and one from Persnickety to try them out)
- 5 rules for Calvinball that I suggested (yes, Calvin helps those who help themselves!)
- 3 other rules that I anticipated and banked before they were even suggested by others (Hobbes helps those who he suspects need all the help they can get; he has my cell phone number, and he hears things.)
- 223 number of times I wondered why I got myself into this in the first place!
So that’s where I stand at the end of Week 3 – trying to stay pumped for the final lap. Any words of encouragement appreciated.
And lest you think that this post is all talking and no doing, here are a couple of divided pages showing our visit to the Art Museum contained in Hotel 21C. Not only do they have art in special museum rooms, they also hang it in the restaurant, have large mixed media in the outside courtyard, have it painted atop the parking garage, and have an in-house television channel dedicated to art as well. It makes for a very artsy environment.
And lest you think that all I am doing is slapping travel photos into divided pockets, and I have a full page layout in process on the outside art. Stay tuned as well for a very labored-over layout with a nice long story! Here’s a sneak peek of that one - I wrote the journaling 3 months ago, and finished the page up 13 hours ago. Hopefully that makes it triply charming.
In the meantime, why not check in and see what is going on in the Calvinball forum over at Get It Scrapped!