photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

31 March 2015

Calvinball Wrap–Up

Well, here we are at the end of the month.  Calvinball over at Get It Scrapped has wound down and is wrapping up!  Yes, we’ve been going in all directions constantly over there.  It has been great fun!

calvin_wallpaper2

Wanna see how I did?

Calvinball Scorecard:  225  (scrappy points subtotal 81)
  • 50 Divided page protectors
  • 18  Single Layouts
  • 8  Double Layouts (4 x 2pt)
  • 2   Set of 4 cards
  • 3   6 6 x 8 divided pages
I loved Calvinball.  For lots of reasons – but mostly because it felt good to concentrate on production instead of perfection.  I worked my way through lots of photos -- 4 orders of prints from Shutterfly plus lots of snaps that had been tossed into my ETC. file waiting for their turn.  I used 3 kits that I put together in March, and made a sizeable dent in my CKC kit for April too.

And the most important thing I relearned is that sometimes a page needs to be nothing more than fun – like this one based on a preview of a sketch from the newest Scrapbook Coach class over at Get It Scrapped.  This page came together fast, it tells a little something about me, and it uses a photo I snapped of a nice display in a bookstore we visited recently.  So the more I look at this page, the more I like it.  It makes me smile.  What more could I ask for?

DSC01314

I am looking forward to powering down the scrapping machine as April is busy with spring cleaning, Easter, birthday celebrations, and at least one other short trip.  It’s time to live a little, snap a lot and leave the cut and paste for the upcoming Creating Keepsakes convention.

So now I bid you a Calvin & Hobbes-worthy toodle-loo:

See you in the funny papers!

If you want to see an humorous explanation of that saying’s origin – check out this article by The Word Detective.

2 comments:

  1. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME you created that much!! You GO GIRL!! And loving this LO!! LOVING that title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a gorgeous layout :)

    ReplyDelete