photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 March 2015

March 2015 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop

Today is the day – we reveal the inspiration kit for March over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.

Have you been hopping all along, just coming from Margie's blog?  If not you can start back at the beginning so you don’t miss a single counterfeit kit.  Along with the kit reveal each of us is sharing a favorite kitting tip. Mine is at the end of this post – so keep reading!

Peek: It is the January 2015 Cupcake Kit from A Piece of Cake Designs.

January Cupcake Kit Large 
Plan: I really like this kit – I especially liked a couple of the papers from the My Mind’s Eye Jubilee Tangerine Collection.

jubilee onejubilee two 

But I had just done a travel tilt to my February kit, so I wanted to balance that with other motifs.  I started pulling supplies. Even after ignoring some of the elements in the inspiration kit (like those medieval shields?!?!) I pulled so many items that I had knew I couldn’t use them all – I needed to downsize, I needed to choose.

Then I had a stunningly brilliant clever spiffy idea to get someone else to do all the work for me to have a little fun with it.  And so the first Snap, Snip & Scrap Village kit “experience” was born.  If you didn’t already come across them, you can review my February blog posts and see how the village scrapbookers narrowed down the difficult choices, and compiled this kit.  Thanks for helping out – you are the stunningly brilliant clever ones!

Presenting:
Home and Away


Home & Away-001 

Papers: Coredination woodgrain & chevron cardstock
Websters Pages Park Drive Line: In the Paper and The Journey
Shimelle: Goodall and Curie
Websters Pages Palm Beach Line: Palm Beach Girl
Jillibean Soup Spicy Social Soup: 2 Parts Tweet
Bazzill Basics Just the Edge cardstock strips

Pretties: Mr. Huey Mists in Orchard, Mint Julep, Barnwood
American Crafts Bingo Chip Thickers Alphabet
Unity Stamp sets – Explore Today & Every Day, Absolutely Priceless
A Flair for Buttons assorted badges
Stampin Up Boutique Details Embellishments
Lawn Fawn Pink Lemonade Hemp Cord
Crate Paper Oh Darling Clear Alphabet
Shimelle Cork Pieces and Paper Die-Cuts
Teresa Collins He Said, She Said chipboard and Orange enamel dots
Fancy Pants Cork bracket label stickers
Parade: Since I am last on the hop this month – I won’t list the entire order – the beginning is here!  Now to that tip I promised you.

Positively Scrappy Post Script: Know your scrap kit sweet spot, both when making up and breaking up a kit.

After making a few of your own kits, or based on your experience with kit clubs, you will soon find the right size kit for your best productivity, for some that is large with lots of choices and for others it is small. It may vary from month to month or project to project. When you feel you have scrapped the best part of the kit, don't necessarily feel committed to completely use it up, if you find using the last bit and bobs more of a chore than a challenge. Know when it is best to break up with that kit and get a new one. (Sounds like advice to the lovelorn, doesn't it?)

21 comments:

  1. I loved being part of the "village". Your kit turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bad blog reader at the moment and have missed all your village posts even though I saw them come up in my reader :-( Clearly, I missed out on all the fun and will try and go back to have a look at the fun sounding process! Great idea for reducing the size of your kit and making it manageable. My kits are often enormous so maybe I really need to try something like this!

    It's a fabulous kit. The colours are bold and happy and there's so much to love in there - I'd buy it! That's several kits presented this month that I'd buy which might increase my orange levels to a point where I have too much, but you know what I mean! I see some really great choices in your selection which will make for some fun, happy, bright signature S pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even have an inkling we were choosing a counterfeit kit! It looks great together, well done us!!
    Right I'm off to start my kit process... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is amazing how coordinated your kit looks when I really didn't see the uniformity in your village effort. Such a fun looking kit in a manageable size! I really connect with your advice too. Last month, my kit was too small for me. But, I think that you are so very right -- every person is motivated differently and realizing what will excite you or overwhelm you is a helpful guide to building a successful kit. I'm with Lisa,...I'd buy it too. So cheery and fun and filled with great embellishments! Kudos to you and your voters!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea to get help with the decision making - I missed it all as I have been remiss in my blog reading - what a great kit your "village" has made too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good! Looking forward to seeing what you create with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cohesive compilation. Love the hop. But also love getting to the end, so now I can jump into the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your "Scrap Village" chosen kit! Gorgeous compilation, and how creative, clever, and fun!! I sort-of ignored the shields too, as I currently have no idea how I would scrap with them. But the doodled frames and cameras I have seen at various blogs along the hop are great substitutions, I think! One more reason counterfeit kitting is the way to go for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful kit so bright and sunny :) Love the tip too, it does get easier as you do it awhile to figure out what you need for the kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the yellows in your kit. They will add sunshine to your layouts. The scrap village have done a sterling job. Great tip too.
    I had to laugh at "Home & Away" as it is the name of a TV serial in Australia (like Neighbours)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the addition of the deep red/pink in your kit against the warm yellow. The balloon paper is absolutely FAB. I'll be looking for it this month. Happy Scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great kit. Should make really pretty layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great way to put the kit together! Love how you phrased your kitting tip, too - advice to the lovelorn, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great kit! I love the choices. And your kitting choice-sage advice!

    My goal is to play this month. I think I have some of the Jubilee papers from a Peachy Cheap purchase recently. Let's see if I can pull a kit together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat kit - looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun way to put your kit together - great idea! You've got lots of fun things to play with this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kit is Awesome!!!
    Great advice on the kits. I have done a few of my own, and found that I like a smaller kit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your kit awesome and advice spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, wow, the village did a great job putting together that kit! I have a post this week about the kit I attempted to create for January & agree with your tip. I created three layouts, then put the remainder back in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  20. really pretty colours and kit.

    ReplyDelete