photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

12 March 2015

March 2105 Counterfeit Challenge #2

The second challenge at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge this month was to be inspired by the Irish: the colors, a quote, a photo opportunity...  Whatever floats your boat.

My Wish 4 You – A Counterfeit Kit Challenge Layout

my wish 4 you 

Story: Well, the Irish are known for their sayings and proverbs, and maybe most especially for their toasts.  Raising a glass of good cheer and wishing one another well comes naturally to those from √Čire, or Ireland, as we say in English.

I found this toast and thought it would be the perfect complement to a photo of my daughter and her good friend at graduation.  Now I got this off the Internet so if it isn’t geniune and properly Irish, I apologize.  But it certainly has a lyrical enough lilt to it, don’t you agree?

Style: As foretold in this month’s first counterfeit challenge, I used an old Get It Scrapped sketch from Paula Girarde in 2010. (And getting Calvinball points again!)



I started with a pale green base of chevron cardstock.  I typed the toast out on four strips using a free font called Selectric, which reminded me of my high-school typing classes (and earned me bonus Calvinball points).  I spritzed it with Mr. Huey mists and incorporated it into my grid design.

Stash: Cardstock, Coredinations; Patterned paper, Websters’ Pages and Shimelle; Alphabet; American Crafts; Die-cuts and cork accents, Shimelle; Chipboard banners, Teresa Collins.

Now why not pop over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and get another idea or two for this challenge, before starting on your own project?

13 comments:

  1. Love your sentiments and wish - feels perfectly Irish, to me. Love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely sounds Irish to me...a lovely quote that I think I will probably be using on a page one of these days. Thanks for the inspiration - what a fun and happy page! Love those title stickers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the grid design!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute layout and love the sentiments too :) Love what you did with the sketch also :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your grid design! And your Irish quote is very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome grid design. Love this page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the grid design with all the little bits and bobs..especially that cork element. Hey...there's a town in Ireland called Cork! Another Ireland reference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've used that sketch to great effect ... and it certainly sounds as if it could possibly be Irish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sentiment strips - the effect of the ink sprays looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you certainly seem to get a few extra Calvinball points with each layout! :) I like all the squares and line on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of a sketch for an extra Calvinball point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great take on the sketch and very nicely laid out. The soft colours and calm design is a great backdrop for that bright, grab your attention photo! lovely words for her

    ReplyDelete