photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

18 March 2015

More Holiday Scrapping

Elves For Hire – another Christmas layout

DSC00995

Story: On Thanksgiving of 2013, my daughter and her cousin, aka College Girl and the Other College Girl, posed in cute Santa hats.  Why this hat did not go on to become Other College Girl’s Christmas card hat, I cannot say.

Style: I started this page loosely based on the sketch you see at the top right of the cover of the Pagemap’s sketch calendar – before I even chose which pictures I was going to scrap.

DSC00856

I started with white smudgy paper called Marshmallow from a Halloween line that happened to be sitting out and then went looking for a die-cut to form the center of the page.  I ended up looking through my transparencies and finding this Christmas one, and knew this picture of the girls was still sitting in a stack of photos.  I pulled out one of my 2 Iris boxes of Christmas supplies and made quick work of finishing it up, using my Tiny Attacher for the transparency and other items too.  I took the photo before I wrote their names and the date under the picture (in case you thought there was too much open space there.)

Stash: Carta Bella All Hallows Eve paper, Creative Imagination transparency, Elle’s Studio spots, Scenic Route alphabet, Lawn Fawn flair, May Arts velvet ribbon, Studio Calico Santa die-cut, Websters’ Pages stickers, Stampin Up buttons, Freckled Fawn and unknown brand washi tapes

See you soon with more layouts.

10 comments:

  1. This is very cute Susanne.Love the transparency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using sketches, but I have to admit. When I'm finished my layout rarely looks like the sketch. Still, I think they are great starting points. Love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elves For Hire? That's good! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great page. Love the linear feel that this sketch provided and your title is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page! Love the title and the way you used that fun layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! LOVING the photo and the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! Love the title. That vintage style Santa head is too cute!

    ReplyDelete