photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

04 March 2015

Santa and the (other) College Girl

Santa Called & Believe – layouts from Christmases past

Santa Called by Snapsandsnippets 

Believe by Snapsandsnippets 

Story: Each year my niece, (who like my daughter is away at college), poses for her family Christmas card photo in a fun, festive, merry and/or kooky hat.  This week I got around to scrapping the last two years’ photos.

Style: For Santa Called,  I started with two papers from the bright colorful Winter Wonder line by Bella Boulevard – and was drawn to it because of the snowflakes on the border of the picture. Besides I only had a couple of sheets of this line and I wanted to use it up. I power-scrapped by using a simple block mat and quick visual triangle of round embellishments.

Then, I changed gears completely, and for “Believe” went for a simpler design with much more “white” space.  The papers matted there are the reverse sides of some papers used on the first layout.  I went for a simple downward left to right flow with a little cluster at the bottom right corner of the photo.  In addition to the three circular items on the diagonal, I splattered a few eyelets on the page as well.  This made for another quick page.  So quick, I might see if I catch up on a few more festive holiday pages to fill out my Christmas albums.

Stash: 1)  Stampin Up! cardstock, Bella Blvd. paper, Studio Calico badges, Jenni Bowlin alphabets, Heidi Swap rub-ons & October Afternoon washi tape

2)  Websters Pages and Bella Blvd. papers, Basic Grey stickers, Studio Calico  journal tag, American Crafts fabric bow, Making Memories eyelets, buttons from stock

It was fun to finally use that reindeer pin that J C Penney was giving out in 2012; all the scrapbookers (and others) were trying to collect all 50 of them.  Codes on the back could be entered online for prizes.  I still have one more.  Did you get any? Did you scrap with them?  Did you win anything? 

jcp pins

Now, here’s the more important question. . .  which hat do you like better?

Isn’t that college girl something!  And not only is she a hat model, of certain future world-wide renown, she has also started a scrapbooking blog called College Pastime.  How about popping over there and giving a new blogger a little encouragement.  It might just get you on Santa’s nice list – I think she might have his ear (in addition to his hats).

8 comments:

  1. Your pages are very pretty...I love the second hat more...she seems to be a fun girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! LOVING her hats!! That first one is my fave!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea for a Christmas card!! I love your layouts! The title and layering in the first one is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first hat and remember those badges. Had a US blog-friend offer to send me some, but she couldn't part with them ;) I noted the eyelets on that second page too - have lots of those to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet layouts :)
    I do like the Santa hat :)
    Living in Canada we couldn't get those badges…but when we went on our trips, my girls would help me collect them. Couldn't enter the draw because we are Canadian, but it was still fun to collect them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that first hat...two great layouts! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun layouts & I really like the tradition of the photo with a FUN hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun tradition -- and fun pages to match!
    I am checking out her blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete