photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

06 April 2015

April 2015 Counterfeit Challenge #1

Over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog the first challenge this month is:

Pick a challenge...any challenge!

What to choose, what to choose, what to choose?

I had just used song lyrics on a layout about a music box that I blogged about here.  This reminded me that there was a challenge blog that wants scrapbookers to be inspired by song lyrics.

siwas logo 

I remember being introduced to this site in my early days of being on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge team, and over the years I have done 3 or 4 pages with a title or lyrics inspired by song.  I thought it might be fun to check in a see what they had going on.  For March, their pop song challenge was Counting Stars by One Republic.  I like that song a lot, and I would have to stretch my imagination a little more because I didn’t have a music box that played the tune – giving me a slam dunk topic for the page.

Here’s what I scrapped.  A layout about my husband cleaning out his desk at work on his last day before taking early retirement.  I think the collage type layout as well as the subject was inspired by the music.

counting stars 
 counting detail

I plan to do a companion page of pictures from his retirement party, but retired life has been full of travel these last few weeks, so it will have to wait!

What do you think?  Do you want to play along?

Now that the calendar has turned to April, you can see their new song choices here.  Enjoy!

20 comments:

  1. Your have nailed both challenges Susanne. Love your layout. My husband will retire early too in about three months will be doing a layout for him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big moment to scrapbook. One of those pages which reminds us why we scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation on the lyrics and what a super layout. It's quite different from your normal style but still all S! Love how you used those bright journaling cards. How lovely to be entering this new part of life together. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great moment to get scrapped and you did a great job of it. Hope you are getting used to having him around daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this! LOVING how you used the lyrics and the colors!!! Awesome LO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What perfect lyrics for your page topic! The PL cards make a great background and I like the little embellishments you added here and there. Hope he's enjoying his retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your elements were so well-chosen to support your story.
    Adore that little clipboard :D
    My DH has 30 more work days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that song as well!!!
    Happy Retirement to your husband, so exciting.
    Great layout and love how you have incorporated this song into your layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for playing with us at Scrap it With a Song. Unfortunately the March challenge is over, now we have 2 brand new songs to play with, you can see them here:
    http://scrapitwithasong.blogspot.it/2015/04/april-challenge-and-some-changes.html#comment-form
    I hope you will be inspired and play with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a pity!! It's April now!! Tha Challenge is over.... but I love it! I really love it!!
    Please play again with us!!
    Hugs from SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice pics thanks for sharing your work with siwas

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your LO, pity that the challenge is already over.. But hopefully we'll see soon another work from you at SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layout - I like the lyrics, the collage style, the colors, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful , great memory pics ! So fun you join a challenge to join a challenge, lol. Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous page! LOVE how you used the song and what amazing colors in your product choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great page and inspiration, didn't know the song but enjoyed listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to the 2 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your take on the song challenge.
    Andrea
    SIWAS

    ReplyDelete
  20. great page!!!! thank you for playing with us at SIWAS!!!

    ReplyDelete