photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

24 April 2015

Cards from Kit Leftovers

Sometimes it is the most fun to craft without having to think too much, so I have spent a lot of time finishing up cards from my Creating Keepsakes classes.  Quick and easy can be very satisfying!  (Getting all those cards photographed is not as quick, so I have none to show you today.)

It is also satisfying to figure out ways to use up the last few supplies in a class kit.  Here are three cards I designed using the leftover materials.  I incorporated ideas, like layering pretty stuff under and atop transparencies, from the card class.

DSC01496

In addition to the the leftover bits from the card class, I supplemented with some old Sassafras stickers, and a journal card and button pack from other MME lines at that same time.  I think my favorite is the bottom card there with all the branding strips Zyron-ed onto the card front.

DSC01464_thumb2

Here is a card I made from the leftovers of my April Counterfeit Challenge kit.  This is a perfect example of one I overthought.  I didn’t like it, until I started removing items.  When it looked pretty good, I stopped.  How is that for a little reverse engineering.

Now I can clear my desk of these two projects and work on something new.  I will be back here in a couple of days with the May Counterfeit Challenge kit – it’s a little something special.

12 comments:

  1. Your cards are very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great way to use up those scraps. Lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Killing your kit is always GOOD :) Love the arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use up bits - and I like your reverse engineering! Isn't it funny how taking something away often solves a problem?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The branding strips card is a fantastic idea. I've got strips going back years that I need to use up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful selection of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Using stash is always so satisfying! :) Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are great!!!!
    This is a perfect way to use up those layout kit leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice cards - I can hardly believe it's almost May!

    ReplyDelete