photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

20 April 2015

Counterfeit Crush Blog Hop

As explained over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, the design team is participating in a game of guess that scrapbook crush.  Ready to play?

taking a break

My crop crush is a digital scrapper.  She has a clean and simple style.  She utilizes subtle layers behind her photos, which are often accented with a thin white border.  I admire her use of plain cardstock backgrounds and copious white space.  Even more than that, I like the way that she can make just a little color and pattern have big impact.  She rarely uses photos larger than 3 x 4 and she employs just enough embellishments to make the page look finished instead of sparse. She sometimes uses grids – and can even make those look more minimal than usual.  She has excellent pattern mixing skills, and often you’ll find a small paper strip along one side of her page. If she were a paper scrapper, she would be a "masterful scrapbook designer" using up small scraps with ease.

As you can see, my layout incorporates much of what I like about her style, while staying true to my own style with a medium to large title.  It was difficult for me to restraint myself to so little color or pattern.  For Pete’s sake, that’s a white cardstock background, and you can fully see half of it!!  In order to keep myself from using too much patterned paper, I limited myself to just 3 x 4 Project Life cards from this month’s kit. In fact, 3 cards with their own white space!  Overall, the effect is so unlike me, so like her!

Need another hint?  I have attempted to copy her style before.

Check back tomorrow here and on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to see who I am talking about and scrapping like.

Here is the rest of the team that is participating in this challenge:


15 comments:

  1. He he! I know who it is! And I think you've done a great job - got her style down to a T! I particularly love the use of the PL cards and the small photo. And I love the white space and literally, all that white! A super page with lovely subtle colours and a perfect interpretation of your Crush! Well done and thanks so much for joining in on our little challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fresh and pretty! i love the white space and the use of pattern and colour and am very much looking forward to the reveal so I can go and take some lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the design!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Not a clue as to who it is

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know many digital scrappers... is it Debbie Hodge?Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure who it is but I sure love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a guess from one of the "clues" since I know almost nothing about digital scrappers, but is it Debbie Hodge?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No idea who your crush is, but I love your page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not up on movers & shakers, esp digi, but I love the freshness & clean, graphic quality of your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clean and crisp...I like that drawn border with just the bit of cross hatch. I have no idea, but am anxious to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not familiar with digitial scrappers to I don't have a guess. I love the layout though - you can't go wrong with that color combination and the grid with embellishments is perfect. Clean and simple yet lots of fun things to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No idea Susanne as I don't follow Digi scrappers. I really like the style on this layout though. Very cleverly done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous layout!! LOVE the clean, bright and fun colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab layouts!!! Love your clean wonderful style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this page! So fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete