photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

22 May 2015

Fussy-cutting Flowers And Not Fussy-cutting Flowers

Two-gether – A layout celebrating the two of us.

DSC01759

Story: Last month, hubby and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary.  We went out the night before and I did not think to snap a photo.  So I asked our son to snap a quick photo of us after church on the actual day. The idea did not occur to me before husband had changed into his St. Louis Cardinals shirt in anticipation of watching the afternoon baseball game on TV.

Obviously I’m the lucky one in this combo, I’m the one smiling. That’s what I get when I try and divert his attention before a baseball game.  Oh well, I love this guy, anyway!

When I mentioned to him that he wasn’t smiling, he quickly (and he thought, oh so cleverly) replied back that he was smiling with his eyes.  See what I’ve been putting up with?  Oh well, I love this guy.  Anyway.

Style: I wanted to use the large floral Pink Paislee patterned paper from my May Counterfeit kit.  The paper was so intricate that I decided to cut the corner clusters out.  Fussy-cutting is something I don’t do that often, because it is time consuming.  I added a black mat to the photo, and layered with some other papers from the kit.  I chose to run the loose burlap ribbon across the bottom to tie it into the pretty canvas border of roses across the top.  I like the muted tones of most of the papers against the slightly more vibrant yellow of the main sheet, balancing the feel of happy with the softened colors denoting the passage of time.

DSC01760

When I needed just a few more flowers for the page, I chose not to fussy-cut them. Instead, I punched them out and used smaller metal and rhinestone flowers for their centers.  Oh, I see I need to add the date there on the label I added for that purpose.  Better do that before I forget – time has a way of flying by.  Even 30 years can pass in a flash.
Stash: From my May 2015 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Kit – Stepping Back In Time

Patterned papers – Pink Paislee, Sassafras, Graphic 45
Border – Pink Paislee
Burlap ribbon & stick pins – Maya Road
Buttons – Scarlet Lime & Making Memories
Punch – Stampin Up
Ticket and label – Graphic 45
Alphabet – EK Success

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the flowers and the colors!! And they will do anything to get back to watching the game huh?!?!? LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's his not-smiling face, I'd love to see his smiling face, because I think he looks like a lot of fun.

    I do like a bit of fussy cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that burlap ribbon and the way you substituted the flower for the "o" in your title. And your husband looks like he's smiling a little, at least to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it-perfect scrapbooking! Happy 30th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 30th anniversary. LOL!!! Smiling with his eyes indeed...that is something my husband would say too. The time you spent fussy cutting was so worthwhile...your page is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fussy cut flowers look gorgeous!!! Congrats on your 30th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on 30 years. (same as us) and yes hasn't it just flown by?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the 30 years! Glad that you got the photo - and that it reflects the real you. Liked the title 'two' :lol:

    ReplyDelete