photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

24 May 2015

May 2015 Counterfeit Members Blog Hop

Welcome to May 2015’s Counterfeit Members blog hop, where everyone can join in on the monthly challenges and strut their scrappy stuff.  I am the last stop this hop.  The full line-up it is here on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, and also down below.

Pretty – A Layout inspired by an {i}NSD challenge on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog

pretty 

Start:  I chose one of the {i}NSD challenges that I had proposed – to be inspired by tags.  It didn’t seem right to expect you to take a challenge I wasn’t up for myself.  You see I have included lots in this months Counterfeit Challenge Kit.



 Style: I had already used one fashion tag on a card for the first CKC challenge.  I liked the set so much, and they had been in my stash for such a long time, I was struck with an idea to incorporate 3 on a project.  The striking poses these elegant ladies were making on the reminded me of when I posed for a black/white portrait in my wedding dress. It was something the 20-somethings I ran around with at the time all did.

prettydetail

I cropped a 4 x 6 photo down to tag height and emphasized it with a doily at the bottom and a 4th tag which includes my hidden journaling.  To tie the colors into the background paper I stamped each with a different shade paint and highlighted each stamped doily with a single bit of bling – inked to match the paint.  The top border on the page is the SKU strip which I anchored down with a smushed rosette cluster. A second cluster draws the eye downward to the journal card. A few other touches reminiscent of sewing like stitching, buttons and a fabric rose finish the page “in fine fashion”.

Stash: Patterned Paper – Sassafras
Tags – early Scarlet Lime kit
Stamp – Cocoa Daisy
Paint – Tim Holtz Distress (Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Shabby Shutters)
Alphabet – American Crafts
Gems – Queen & Co.
Markers – Copic
Rosettes & Doilies – Studio Calico
Buttons – Stampin’ Up & Jenni Bowlin
Ribbon – Stampin’ Up
Floss & Fiber – Michaels
Stick Pin – Prima

Stops on the hop:
Thanks for coming.  Do consider playing along next month – “pretty” please!

20 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to use that sassafras paper! I love how the black and white photo emphasizes the beautiful line of your dress too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! This is gorgeous!! From your beautiful photograph to the wonderfully touched up cards to the beautiful layers and embellishments, this page is fantastic! The touches of peach are fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very elegant, classic page, filled with details from the top to the bottom. Your title and doily make your photo the center of attention. The cluster of embellishments is perfect and is capped off by the sheer ribbon bow. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love the design! With these pretty tags, your layout looks wonderful, love the romantic look too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with your layout and how you incorporated those beautiful tags! The end result is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is just stunning :) I love what you did with this layout fabulous! Those tags are just scrumptious and perfect with for the layout :) Wow I'm in Awe................

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely you are in your beautiful gown!
    The page really does it justice - just love the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous! LOVING the photo and those tags!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous and so perfectly executed. I love the use of the Sassafras papers and the little clusters are so adorable. The eye-catcher is of course, that beautiful photograph - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is one beautiful layout and if the picture is of you, what a blushing bride. I love using doilies in layouts too and am about to start working on my parent's Golden wedding album which will probably have some in it
    Jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the design and elements. Beautiful portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning page....I love the vintage feel the tags and the doily give.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layout and the fashion tags are just perfect for your photograph

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, what a great idea and layout! Love those stamped tags!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a LOVELY LO! I think it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delightful. The bottom border intonates the details of your dress. Pattern, ribbons, bows, lace, embroidery. Even a sheet of note paper the dressmaker would have scribbled her notes and measurements on. Your picture and pose is so elegant, I wouldn't be surprised if one day you were the featured lady on a similar set of tags.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very clever way to use the tags. Gorgeous page !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love those doilies and those fashionable ladies so much! Especially the third one along from the left (wink!) All your little details are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, that's wonderful. A very clever way to use the fashion tags and showcase the beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete