photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

06 May 2015

May Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1

“hi.”

A LITTLE HI CARD
Start: The first counterfeit kit challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Club for May 2015 is a redo of the very first month’s challenge – back in January 2011.

Make a CARD inspired by FASHION with some BLING.  Well, okay then!

There was also an {i}NSD challenge here to be inspired by tags.  Well, okay then again!
Style: I knew I wanted to do something with the set of fashion tags that I had received long ago in one of my very first kits – either Scarlet Lime or Cocoa Daisy.  I thought the black printed female would play nicely off the black and blush floral patterned paper. 

I dug out a very old stamp set (see inside image) that I won as a prize during my early days of direct sales – it is by Inky Antics and they used to do lovely country and basket design stamps too.

A LITTLE HI 2 

I cut open three of the Studio Calico rosettes, folded them in half and then made a border along the right side.  A bit of sheer ribbon along there also plays off the white doily on the left side.  All the other bits and bobs form a visual triangle around her.

Taking the extra time to add a bit of color with Stampin Up Blush Blossom and Creamy Caramel markers tied the tag into the color scheme of the background paper beautifully.
A LITTLE HI 3 
Stash: Graphic 45 patterned paper, Stampin Up ribbons and inks, Inky Antics stamp set, Studio Calico doily and rosettes, Queen & Co. bling, pins from clothing purchases.

9 comments:

  1. Loving this! LOVING that image of the girl and that sentiment!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total, utter perfection for the throwback theme & the challenge parameters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your card. Love the vintage lady and the Graphic 45 papers together. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card and so perfect for the challenge! Love how you used the rosettes for the border too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome card! love the vintage vibe you have perfectly mastered here and I agree with Susan that I love the fact that you used the rosettes! Having made some of my own, i can't imagine actually using them as rosettes on my layouts - might have to lift this idea

    ReplyDelete