photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

17 June 2015

Cheers!

Today is all about the celebrating—first here’s a layout from my Counterfeit Kit for June – Through a Peachy Paper Prism.

Cheers! – A counterfeit kit layout

DSC02009 

Start: Last week, or was it the week before, I was to the point of having that background sheet of hash marks still uncut in my kit.  It was my least favorite paper in the kit – and left me puzzled about how to incorporate it on a page.  I decided to analyze it.  What did the paper say to me – besides “meh”.  It insisted that it was very active and cheerful. Okay, I will grant it that.  So why not use it on a page about my young son - that is, about my son when he was younger.

Style: And then by serendipity I spotted a single sheet of Crate Paper Craft Market paper with the wood design, and decided to use it to cover up complement the busy paper.  I also used a large scrap of yellow paper to cover up a bit more provide transition between the two.  I modified the familiar three-up sketch to include the title at the top and subtitle in the middle.  The slant of the woodgrain subtly reinforces the flow, don’t you agree? Subtle provides a nice balance.

I also had not opened the ribbon pack for this paper, so I ripped into two of the three colors and started a banner down the side.  Wanting to add to the ribbon, I went to my basket of gold goodies.  I found the round tag and a clothing tag with the perfect sentiment.  Then I finished up a visual triangle of gold and circular items by the title and by the journal block (still to be written on).

Stash: Patterned papers - Stampin Up Best Year Ever, Crate Paper
Camera die-cut sticker – Crate Paper
Circle glitter tags - American Crafts
Alphabets -  Bella Blvd & October Afternoon
Journal cards - Heidi Swapp and Basic Grey
Arrows - Basic Grey and Freckled Fawn

Postscript
Story:
Now that I’m done, I think I’ll go celebrate with a cold beverage as well.  Did you notice that my son is the one with the electrolyte sport drink and not the sugary can of soda.  Who’s the good mom!

And then there’s this exciting news:

challenge yourself design team announcement

I just recently discovered this challenge blog – and I really liked the idea of being challenged to scrap pictures of myself.  Honestly, I’m not at all photogenic.  Truly, my family will tell you that I don’t photograph well.  I needed the nudge to scrap more photos of myself.

And, as long time readers of my blog know, when I think an idea is truly terrific – I jump in with both feet.  So I was really pleased when they chose me to serve on the design team with all these other talented ladies.

Scrap on, shall we?

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that wood grain!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout & use of additional papers to cover up (um . . . complement) the hash mark paper! Congrats on the new Design Team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! A new team! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do..

    I'm using that woodgrain today too. I wish I had another sheet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new team. I'm always looking for new ways to be challenged to scrap photos of myself so will have to pop over to look. (or more truthfully will add it to my overflowing Feedly roll and come across it occasionally and read in bursts)

    Congratulations on using up that paper too, I would have used several pieces of paper to cover up/complement it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found that when I don't care for a particular paper, just a bit of it can go a long way. I think you figured out exactly how to work with it! Your layout is interesting without that paper over-powering it. Love the arrows too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job using up something that didn't initially appeal to you - love the way you explained how you worked your way through it. The layout is festive and fun - I like the gold touches and the way you did your title. And congrats on the design team - hurray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great way to use up that hash paper and what a happy layout! Now I'm singing Alice Cooper.
    Congratulations on being chosen on Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on being selected :). And I will pop over and have a look at your link; but first, yes, the direction of the wood grain makes a great foil for your hash-y background, both in shape and colour. I admire how you used it and didn't just relegate it to the bottom of the pile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute layout and congrats on the DT.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the team position - they are so lucky to have you and you will do a marvellous job of scrapping yourself I just know it! As for the layout? What a super way to use a paper that you didn't feel so good about - although I think it's rather lovely to be honest! The ribbon banner is delightful and ought to make some of those for myself. I keep going through my ribbons and throwing some out but there are still so many in there that I just never use!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great layout! I love the bits and pieces, great use of your kit! And congratu;lations again, a well deserved honor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute page and congrats on your new DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting and congratulations. A very worthy DT member.

    I'm loving how you've used this paper, I think the woodgrain really sets it off

    ReplyDelete