photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

08 June 2015

End of the weekend craftiness

It was a weekend of online inspiration followed by studio production. (See Saturday’s post too.)

I simply cannot remember when I’ve acted on inspiration so quickly.  I must be coming up on a very productive month.  Oops, did I jinx myself, just there?  No, surely not.  You did not read that.  You most certainly did not,  You must have imagined it!

Me & My Kids – a layout produced from 2 challenges

My apologies for the warped photo.  I don't think the camera knows how to focus with the light background and the light border.  Besides, it's raining here and I refuse to take a fourth batch of shots. It is Monday, after all.





Start: What got me scrapping this time? 

1)  This sketch from Sketch Savvy – #145:



2)  This month’s open, anything goes, as long as you are on the page, challenge from the Challenge YOUrself blog.

Style: I rotated the sketch and added another vertical paper block to give it more balance as I was using a 4 x 6 vertical photo of me and the kids on Mother’s Day last month.


Ink played a big role on this page – I edged the paper blocks, colored the white dotted alphabets with markers, inked the small punched butterfly and added ink splatters and doodles to match the upper right hand corner in other spots on the page.


Stash: Patterned papers – Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party
Alphabets – American Crafts Cupid & RSVP fonts
Wooden buttons and floral die-cut – Dear Lizzy
Plastic buttons, brads, butterfly punches and inks – Stampin Up
Other bits from stock.


And then there’s the current  Retro Sketches challenge:

rs167        

For this card, I used up a scrap of that Dear Lizzy wood grain paper you see on the layout, plus Stampin Up scraps from my counterfeit kit, epoxy stickers from Evalicious and plastic stars from KI Memories.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up’s Congrats set.

Then I promptly cleaned up the studio for the start of a new crafty week.  Hmmm . . . what has gotten into me?

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations. You are in full swing. Love that Dear Lizzy line! It's a beautiful page and such a lovely photo. Off to check out that challenge site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Susanne! super awesome page...great photo too....luvin your card, the mix of patterns looks FAB together!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is beautiful and I just love that layout! The inked edges really pull your photo and patterned paper squares together. And that embellishment cluster with the butterflies and button at the top is just darling. What a wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layout and your design. Such a beautiful layout! So glad you joined us at Challenge YOUrself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page and picture!! Love the products you used! Sorry I have been a little MIA. Busy around here!! Trying to get back to blog visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, lovely take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, full steam ahead! Those doodley marks and splatters behind your title are such a nice touch, adding to rather than detracting from the letters. Oh, and pretty colours too. That wood grain on the card is a super contrast. And you left it all tidy afterwards? You are on a roll ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always great to have a picture and page with your kids. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the grid design ... just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great design of your page...love the photo of you and your kids xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this design. It's clean but there is lots of detail. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout. Lovely fresh colours. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's lovely. gorgeous patterned paper you have there

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the sketch. I love this design. You did such beautiful work with this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout! Great design! Great photo! I had to clean up my creating space too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your layout and card! Your layout for Challenge YOUrself is beautiful! Your take on the sketch is so amazing. Thank yo so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the scribbles behind your title! What an easy peasy detail that adds so much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great Susanne! I just love the muted colors with your bold photo. You nailed the sketch too. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  19. extremely eye catching-love that you used patterns but LO still looked soft and sweet. Kate (Challenge Yourself)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful! Pinned it right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful layout, love the doodle behind the title and the soft colours. :)
    Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful layout. Love how you rotated it to fit your pictures.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  23. I particularly love the doodles behind the title - did you do them yourself? Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable! Love the scribbles behind the title! It really adds some dimension! Thanks for joining our challenge this month @ Challenge Yourself!

    ReplyDelete