photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 June 2015

June 2015 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop

Welcome to June’s Counterfeit Kit Challenge reveal blog hop.

Start:
As you know by now, if you hopped along from Stephanie’s blog, we were to choose any of Basic Grey’s new collections as our inspiration kit.  As soon as I saw Basic Grey’s Prism collection, I was enchanted.  Nearly 3 months ago, I pinned the collection pack to my Scrapbook Supplies I Like Pinterest Board. 


PSM_Splash

It was very unlike me, that I had not purchased it.  Just as my willpower was fading, my sister-in-law gave me some of Stampin Up’s Best Year Ever paper line, which was featured during Saleabration this year. 


BYE_DSP 

In it, I immediately spotted a paper that very much reminded me of the stylized flower paper in the Prism line.  This would do, this most certainly would do.

SBC_bg-psm-4821_0 DSC01598
Style: The Prism line is based upon triangles, diamonds, and angles – as you would expect given the name.  I think I especially like the bright freshness of the colors played against the limited amount of black elements.


DSC01768

I started with the Stampin Up paper, and then hunted down other elements that would work with it using the sticker sheet as my guide.  At first, sticking to the prismatic look, and then filling in gaps with other items in the correct colors.


SBC_bg-psm-stickers

My attempt to recreate Basic Grey’s sticker sheet uses elements from various companies, punching out the file tabs and circles from journal cards, using rub-ons to decorate tags, covering chipboard with paper or coloring chipboard with my markers, etc.   I came pretty close in the end.


DSC01762

For further additions of white and black you can see the alphabets I added along with those bold black rub-ons.


DSC01770

Now for the dimensional items, matching buttons was well as a few wood buttons, ribbon, washi tape stamps, brads, coated paper clips, small doilies, journal cards and transparencies.

DSC01776

I have included matching Stampin Up markers so that I can color many of the white items in the kit to match, if desired.


DSC01773

And finally I added embossing folders in four petal, diamond plate and art deco designs.  Last but not least, a stamp set called Peachy Keen (which is something I often say).
Star: “Through A Peachy Paper Prism” is the name of my kit.

A Counterfeit Challenge Kit by Snapsandsnippets
Stash: Stampin Up Best Year Ever paper pack, button pack, ribbon pack, cardstock, markers, embossing folders, Peach Keen stamp set, various punches
American Crafts Alphabets – Maple and RSVP, assorted flair
Basic Grey mini monogram alphabet and Hopscotch tags
Bella Blvd Sophisticates alphabet
Teresa Collins journal cards and transparencies
Webster's Pages & Freckled Fawn coated paper clips
Jillibean Soup small doilies
Prima Wood stamps – washi designs
Karen Foster & Deja Vue Rub-ons
Maya Road plain chipboard
Studio Calico journal card, numbers, blackboard tags
Technique Tuesday topper tiles
Heidi Grace clear epoxy sentiments
Stroll: Now why not see what the other counterfeiters have done this month – enjoy!

19 comments:

  1. Love your softer version to the Prism line! The Stampin Up line is a great substitute. Your sticker sheet counterfeit is terrific. And, your tray of embellishments is my favorite. I love the ribbons, the die cuts and markers! Looking forward to your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you picked out some fun elements to scrap with this month. Look forward to seeing what you create. I like the tray of goodies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite kit, it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your kit. Can't wait to see the pages you create with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your embellishment sheet!! Those handmade embellies just make my heart happy!! Such a pretty kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly enjoyed reading your process. The forged sticker sheet is fantastic and love your dimensional picks. Your kit name, also, has my attention piqued. Looking forward to your layouts with (peachy) keen interest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Love the color change-up to coral & teal.
    I would totally buy your kit :D
    Especially clever was the recreation of the sticker sheet using a wide variety of types of product, including dimensional! Filing that little trick away for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Stampin' Up is a nice substitute, love the embellishments you made to go with it.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great match of colours and the Stampin Up papers were truly a perfect find. I agree that the forged sticker sheet is a stroke of genius. Prism was a popular choice by all accounts but we've all taken it a different way - love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow gorgeious kit! I agree Stampin up is a nice substitute for the kit :) Love how you created that sticker sheet that had to been fun to do :) It'll be fun to see what you create with the kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kit truly look fabulous! the colors of the papers and the supplies you chose really match perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have created an interesting color palette that you have carried out through every aspect of your kit. Your careful consideration of the buttons and markers to the recreation of the elements on the sticker sheet. A fantastic counterfeit! Can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have created an interesting color palette that you have carried out through every aspect of your kit. Your careful consideration of the buttons and markers to the recreation of the elements on the sticker sheet. A fantastic counterfeit! Can't wait to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! That Stampin Up paper was such a great find and the perfect start to the rest of your kit. Thanks for the detailed description of your process - I tend to focus more on the color and "feel" of the inspiration when I'm assembling my kit, and pay less attention to the design/style. I also really enjoyed the way you recreated the sticker sheet with your own supplies - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow... you've nailed the geometrics of this kit! Love your presentation of you embellishments... I could easily play in this kit - just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and bright kit. You've put your own spin on Prism and it works. Enjoy using it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done Susanne...I love the colors of this fabulous kit you put together.

    ReplyDelete