photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

06 June 2015

June Counterfeit Challenge #1–Paper Die-Cuts

The first Counterfeit Kit Challenge for June is to use ONLY patterned paper to create and layer a die cut for your project.

Now I can imagine that this has lots of you running for your electronic die-cutting machines.  I could have, would have, maybe even should have used a Cricut cartridge to whip up something fabulous.  Did not.  I reached for a truly indispensable tool – a heart punch.

DSC01787 

I remembered the idea of making flower petals from punched hearts when I saw the flower with heart sticker you see top left.  I even had a go at making one with a small heart punch – too cute, right?  You just push 4 hearts together and then stack 3 or more layers of them together – like so:

DSC01790 

DSC01789 

If you offset the hearts in a circular motion – (shown bottom right in the top photo) – they also form petals.  I offset mine by exactly half – a – heart.  And then contrary to the challenge, I added a pretty oversized sequin and button on this one.

DSC01794

You can also stack just a single heart with dimensional adhesive and get a nice effect too:

DSC01793 

DSC01792 

I was finding making cards from die-cuts very addicting, so I went to my sheet of embellishments and pulled off a few more die-cuts to work with.

DSC01795 

And finally I stamped some washi tape die-cuts and clipped them onto this tag.

DSC01796

After I had made several layouts from my kit, I still had quite a bit of Stampin’ Up’s Best Year Ever paper, so I decided to make matching envelopes for my cards using a Stampin’ Up template.  Now this kit has been killed – stay tuned for upcoming posts with my layouts.

12 comments:

  1. You know i've never made a flower from a heart punch - I will have to have a go. They are beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are just lovely - very fresh and summery. I have a teeny weeny heart punch, so will give this a go! Thank-you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So summery and pretty! I need to pull my punches out again..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow! These are all gorgeous! LOVING those hearts and the colors!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas and samples! I don't own a die cut machine (manual or electronic) so I really appreciate the punch ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is some great work there so lovely :) I like what you did with the clips on the cards too :) So much inspiration on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good variety, and all lovely made from your yummy June kit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so clever. I'm off to investigate my punchies drawer for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your heart flowers...aren't you just the cleverest lady ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what gorgeous cards - some people will be very lucky to receive them! just lovely and especially pretty with the matching envelopes!

    ReplyDelete