photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

10 June 2015

Pals and Toys, toys, toys

Here’s some more of the results of a little weekend scrapbooking.

Pals - A Layout from my Counterfeit Kit for June

Pals 

Story: This is an old picture taken for our church directory.  It had been sitting in a frame since I received it.  I  am working on updating the framed pictures around here so it was time to get this one on a page.

Style: I wanted to use several of the journal cards as the basis for my page.  I lined them up in a row across a stack of layered rectangles and then added 3 clusters.  I need to look up the date by referring back to the old church directory; but I believe this is circa 2000.  I like both the white and “white” space on this page.

Stash: My counterfeit kit for June 2015 – Through A Peachy Keen Prism
Stampin Up - Cardstock, papers, camera stamp and buttons
Prima – washi tape stamps
Heidi Swapp – journal cards
Heidi Grace – epoxy sticker
Technique Tuesday – chipboard
Paper Camellia – arrows

Then I switched gears and wanted to use up a couple of pieces of patterned papers from Echo Park’s Dots & Stripes collection.

Toys, toys, toys – a layout from my stash

DSC01960 

Story: This is my youngest at her first or second Christmas – again, I need to check the dates from the late 1990’s.

Style: I had pulled these photos out long ago to scrap and set them aside.  When I uncovered them again, I happened to have the red and green papers on my desk.  I decided to make a quick page by layering kraft cardstock between the two bolder colors and then adding photos and journal cards in a very loose grid.  It was a very quick page, especially since I was too lazy to check on the date or do the journaling (yet)!


Did you notice that I filled in all the sequins with buttons or bling.  I just do not care for naked sequins!  This page has much more sparkle in person.

Stash: Echo Park – patterned papers
Bazzill – kraft cardstock
Elle’s Studio – journal cards
Studio Calico – sequins & buttons
Lawn Fawn – flair
Queen & Co.  – bling
Stampin Up – chevron border punch

I will be back soon with more layouts from my counterfeit kit. Stay tuned.

14 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the courage to start scrapping older photos...alas, I have so many new unscrapped ones that it will probably never happen. Well done on getting these done...I love the design of the first page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layering here! And the colors! I never thought about using Kraft to layer but wow it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that top one especially with all the layered bits and pieces framing your cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both layouts but that top one is just so happy and fun! I love the buttons, arrows and that sweet little camera. Great use of those journaling cards too - I think I will be giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages! I really like all the little details you add to each page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see a lot of cards and layouts each week, so I feel qualified to say that your layouts are truly some of the BEST that I've seen. You've got a designer's eye and a gift for creating beautiful compositions. Both layouts are unique, yet have similar beautiful elements. The designs, textures, and embellishments are all fabulous. Thanks for sharing your gifts, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layouts :) Marvelous idea to scrap the photos when your changing them out of the frames :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two terrific layouts. I'm especially enamored with your use of the journal cards. I have not yet been able to break from only being able to use mine in block designs. You've got me wanting to experiment some more. Love your sweet clusters too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great layouts. I ov the layering and your use of journal cards. Great desighn on your layouts too! Hope you enjoy a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fabulous layouts!! LOVE the colors and design in the top one. So clean and neat but still lots of product!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of the layers! Great job on both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your flower sequins are adorable and I might also have included button middles! But then I do love me some naked sequins too!

    Two wonderful layouts - especially love the first one. What a lovely colour palette and such great use of those square pocket page cards. You are on a roll Ms S!

    ReplyDelete