photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

24 June 2015

Up For A Scrapbusting Challenge, She Asked

Of course, I answered the call.

I learned of Jill Sprott’s challenge in the Get It Scrapped forum.  She also posted it on her blog.  Reviving an idea of Doris Sanders’, Jill’s challenge is to make a kit from your stash following her directions. Easy enough for a kitmaking scrapper like me.  A summary of her directions follow – along with the items I included in my kit:

stashbusting challenge kit-002


First, go through your stash and create a kit that contains the following contents: 

stashbusting challenge kit
1. Eight pieces of patterned paper scraps and four specialty paper/"other" paper scraps -- no complete sheets allowed.  Direct from my scrap bin,  hexagons, world map, plaid, circles, street map, flowers, wood grain and triangles. From other spots in my studio, gold dot on handmade white, mulberry paper, gold bursts, die-cut strip.

stashbusting challenge kit-001
2.  No more than one yard of trim, with no individual piece measuring more than 11" in length.  I chose four ribbon remnants in different colors and textures.  I confess to not measuring or cutting; they are remnants, after all.
3. One sticker sheet, with a catch: at least one sticker must be missing from the sheet.  A half-used sheet by Hello Forever.
4. A pre-2013 alphabet – Websters Pages Storyteller from 2012 – two sizes, 4 colors!
5. One opened package/container of scrappy product - Dear Lizzy adhesive badges.
6.  One unopened package/container of scrappy product – Teresa Collins wood veneers.
scrapbusting challenge kit
7. One roll of tape – Black and white stripe by Kamoi; they were in the game early on.
8.  One item or package of product from a company that no longer makes scrappy  product – All My Memories metal word art, they are no longer in the game.  At least their website is defunct. 
9.  Six journaling and/or Project Life cards – From In A Creative Bubble.
10. Unlimited cardstock, adhesive, and "technique-type product" (e.g. stamps, stamping ink, paint, mist, stencils, embossing powder, etc.).     I matched 7 sheets of cardstock in 3 different textures.  I reserve the right to add the other tools later.
11. A wild card item. Include anything you've been wanting to use. I started to reach for some buttons from my ample supply, but opted for enamel dots that I use less often.
12. A nearby item. Grab something from your desk or craft area that is within arm's reach.  Directly behind me when I scrap is a basket of stickers and borders.  I grabbed some Heidi Swapp banners that have been languishing too long.

After compiling the kit, create a minimum of three projects by July 20.  The original rules called for one layout and two cards, but three projects of any kind will work. 
 
stashbusting challenge kit-003

A lot of the fun for me is derived while compiling the kit.  Pulling together a kit from a recipe like this was quite fun and quicker than pulling together my monthly Counterfeit kit.  The toughest part was choosing from an under populated scrap bin.  Stay tuned for quick some upcoming projects.


8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you create with this kit you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Jill's blog and was thinking of joining in too. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make - your kit is very pretty! I like all the blue and orange products you've selected. I bet they look great with the wood veneer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you create with this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as if you had a lot of fun putting it together

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kit looks wonderful and what a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kit has such a great mix of product! Did you feel like a rebel opening that unopened package of wood veneer? :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with the kit. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kit is gorgeous. You are brilliant at putting together kits xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your process. Kit making really looks like a lot of fun n U r so good at it!!

    ReplyDelete