photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

22 July 2015

Bonjour, Bonjour – Be Inspired by a Dream

Blog friend and talented scrapper Lisa, of Recklinghaus Musings and Counterfeit Kit Challenge fame, has another scrap blog called Whimsical Musings.  She along with her cohorts Pam, Leslie and Lynnette (the latter two also of Counterfeit Kit Challenge fame) do a weekly challenge over there.  It has been forever since I had participated.

But just a mere two weeks ago (I know, I’m not as current as I should be), their challenge was to:


And then post your project on the WM Flickr board tagged WM#176. 

Well, anyone who has read my blog for very long knows I’m a bit of a Francophile.  I want to get to France someday – to see Paris, of course, but also to see Dieppe in Normandy from where my ancestors hail.

DSC02804

I have a penchant for French motif stamps too.  So this week I made a couple of cards.  I always think red and black are indicative of France (oo la la).  I started both cards by layering washi tape either directly on the card base or over a stamped collage.  Then I added a transparency, a stamped and cut-out image, and a few doo-dads.  Hmmm . . . I wonder what the French call doo-dads.  I bet their word is tres chic.

DSC02805DSC02807 

Card 1 Stampin Up Confetti White cardstock, Tim Holtz tissue tape, Kamoi washi tape, Hero Arts stamp and matching framelit for main image, Heidi Swapp ghost frame, Inkadinkado postage stamp, Stampabilities sentiment stamp, Jillibean Soup fashion button, American Crafts enamel dots


Card 2 Stampin Up Confetti White cardstock, Hampton Art background stamp, Tim Holtz tissue tape, Kamoi washi tape, Stampin Up Follow My Heart stamp set for banner and Eiffel Tower images, Maya Road doily transparency, Jenni Bowlin button/jewel, Colorbok black gems, Adornit mini alphabet
So what do you think?  Have a favorite?

Good of you to stop by - merci beau coup!




13 comments:

  1. Ooh, gorgeous cards - I do so love black, white and red together - very chic! Thanks for stopping by earlier, I hope you have a great week,
    Diana #25

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are nice - I think I like the lady one slightly better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhh these are both gorgeous! LOVING those colors!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize you had French roots! Love that you made these gorgeous cards. As you know, Paris is one of my favourite places! I particularly love the Eiffel Tower image card. So pretty. Thanks for joining in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Beautiful cards!! Amazing colors and stamping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolument superbe! I didn't know about your French ancestry ... I don't have a favourite, but I like different things about each: in your chic lady one, I like that background on the diagonal, and in the Eiffel Tower one, I like the split red/black. Am I allowed two favourites?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! - you have definitely captured that French flair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely projects Susanne. I would also love to visit Europe and see the iconic sites. So sorry that I have been MIA lately. Life at the Mission is hectic and taking priority over blogging and scrapping. I do miss my friends in the computer and the interaction so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those cards are amazing!! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete