photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 July 2015

Challenge YOUrself #20

Today the newest challenge is up at Challenge YOUrself.




And here’s what I did:


Story: This is a favorite shot of my husband and I on our last day on Maui.  We took pictures off the veranda of the restaurant where we had lunch.  It was our last glimpse until we were high above the waves flying home.

Style: I like this sketch immensely.  I laid out the papers pretty much as designed, except I moved the smallest piece (actually a diecut) to bottom left horizontally instead of the top left vertically, as an anchor for my journal circle.  Using three sheets of a single paper line makes the matching a cinch. I used a single photo instead of two and added the chipboard frame for pizzazz. 

This is all relatively new stash for me – except for those Artsylicious epoxy flowers.  Arranging the flowers took the longest of any part of this layout.

Stash: Cardstock – Stampin Up Soft Sky
Patterned paper and cloud die-cuts – SEI Corrine
Canvas stickers - Little Yellow Bicycle
Alphabets – American Crafts Thickers in Sunrise and Vera
Lace, die-cut and gem – leftovers from an SEI card kit
Resin key and heart -Creative Imaginations
Bradded sequin flowers – Queen & Co.
Sewn epoxy flowers – Artsylicious

Now why not challenge YOUrself to try this sketch. And don’t forget to include a photo of you on the page.  It will be fun, I promise.

12 comments:

  1. This is so lovely, the colour of the sea is amazing! and of course you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout, Susanne! I love your take on the Challenge YOUrself challenge #20!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely - those papers are just perfect for your sunny photograph

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the clouds!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely gorgeous!!! Great use of the colors and the sketch!! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photo of you two! I really like all those paper layers on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sketch and the colour palette you've used! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful page! The photos is great and the colors are just gorgeous. I really like that sweet little lock and key by your title too.

    ReplyDelete