photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

04 July 2015

Forgeries on the Fourth of July

And can you believe there’s no red, white and blue in this post! Darn near unpatriotic.

DSC02325 

But I digress.  In an effort to try and use more of my tools (an effort that my regular readers know is hit and miss, at best), I forged a couple of things for this month’s counterfeit kit.

First up:  That 4 x 6 woodgrain card.  I used Stampin Up’s Hardwood background stamp.  I used Wet Cement ink by Hero Arts.  It is a dead ringer for Stampin’ Up’s new in-color called Tip Top Taupe.  It is the most wonderful neutral between grey and kraft in color.  It is perfect for weathered wood.  It might also do a nice job of trying to imitate old paper as well.

DSC02323

First I used it on Stampin Up's confetti white paper, which is a slightly off white with specks in it.  I liked this option best and included that card in my kit.

I also tried Stampin Up's confetti cream paper, it is a cream paper with the same speckling.  I also look a blender pen to the ink as soon as it was stamped so the lines are slighted less distinct.

When I thought about what I could do next, I searched for embossing folders and found Tim Holtz's woodgrain folder.  I inked both sides of the folder and you see the side I like best pictured. I may use these other two examples on cards.

That was so quick that I decided to make some flowers too.  These are not a direct forge from the inspiration kit, but a complement to the paper pack I chose.  I used Stampin Up Petite Petals and Flower Shop stamp sets and their matching punches.  I stamped some in Hero Art’s Wet Cement and the rest in Stampin Up’s Baja Breeze ink, that matched the Parisienne Breeze paper.

That’s all for today.  Forge on, fellow kitmakers!

15 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July to you. A lovely stamp - nice effect x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a superb stamp. I could use one of those.

    Happy 4th July

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stamped backgrounds and flowers - look forward to seeing what you create with them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great forged additions to your kit! Happy Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so pretty! Wood grain stamp n embossing folder. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! LOVE the wood and the flowers!! Sorry I haven't been by to see what you are up to. We were on vacation, but plan to be around more now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! You have some fantastic stamps for creating the wood tone effect. Wonderfully executed. Thanks for contributing to the tut post, Susanne - it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I just love the wood effect papers, may have to source that stamp - it's lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use my Hardwood stamp a lot and love the new Taupe. Funny I didn't think I would, as I'm such a fan of Crumb Cake with everything! The shade of blue you've chosen works so well with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! That woodgrain is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That stamp is perfect for the inspiration! Have never heard of inking an embossing folder - tell me more...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I obviously need to get that stamp! It's gorgeous as is the stamp colour - making a note of the Stampin' Up colour for next party I get invited to.

    ReplyDelete