photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 July 2015

July 2015 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop

Welcome to this month’s counterfeit kit challenge reveal blog hop.  If you didn’t start at the beginning, you can find the hop list at the bottom of this post.  Do stop in and see all the fabulous kits this month.  Let's get right to it:

July 2015 Counterfeit kit 

Start: This month’s inspiration kit was the March 2015 Kit from Scrapabilly.


scrapabillyKit_201503_final_s

I took note of the turquoise, green, blue, cream and brown colors, as well as the wood, flowers, and frame elements.  I am not a fan of green, but love it mixed with blue.  I opted for pansies rather than roses.  And I gave it a few other S-style tweaks.  In pictures rather than words,  here is how my kit was built.
Steps: kit step 1 
 kit step 2kit step 3 

 kit step 4kit step 5 
 kit step 6 
Stash: Stampin Up Parisian Breeze Designer Series Paper (6 double sided sheets)
Bazzill Basics Sonnet, Rover and Picnic Plaid
Creative Imaginations Assemblage
Stampin Up embossed script specialty resist paper
American Crafts Random denim and music papers
American Crafts Polka Dot Party frames and camera scraps
Jillibean Soup die-cut “placemat” scrap
Stampin Up chocolate chip, kraft and Baja Breeze cardstock
Basic Grey, October Afternoon, Adornit & Unknown alphabets
American Crafts Scrabble die-cut tile letters
Authentique Petite Diction word stickers
American Crafts Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic chipboard, die-cuts and buttons
Fancy Pants Happy Together titles and tags
Making Memories paper epoxy clips
Maya Road leaf stick pins and plastic bird
Studio Calico wood veneer
Webster’s Pages princess petals flowers
Jillibean Soup, Snug Hug, and Darice ribbon trims
My Mind’s Eye layered scalloped sticker (inspiration for the kit name)
antique buttons and a few other bits from my stash

Check back here on the 4th to see details on a couple of forged additions to the kit.


July 2015 Counterfeit kit 
Sterling Examples:
Enjoy the rest of the hop.  And do consider joining in, won’t you?

16 comments:

  1. The greens mixed in with blues makes this very much your kit! Love it. A lovely selection of papers and some sweet embellies. The forgeries sound intriguing. Am I right that this kit is a little larger (or rather the number of papers) than usual? It looks a lot of fun and will make a whole load of layouts. It's such fun for me to see what people have done with this kit, having worked with the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a beautiful kit for scrapbooking clear blue skies and dusty summery roads

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty collection of papers and cute embellishments. Very vintage looking. I especially like the leaf pins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty grouping of greens, blues, and browns! Great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhh loving your picks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you could take the earthier colors & add in the blue for a kit true to the original but one that you will use. Yours doesn't read monochromatic in the least (my only reservation about the original.) The embellis will def dress out those papers well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, especially, love your gorgeous tray of embellishments! You put together a terrific range of neutrals with a nice touch of color. I'm looking forward to your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tones of your kit. Everything looks so perfect together

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Susanne! It has the soft tones of the inspiration kit with a little more emphasis on the neutrals. The camera and frames papers are great additions and you've got some beautiful embellishments on your tray too. Those flowers and buttons are especially lovely! Looking forward to seeing what you create this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The darker blue and browns are such a nice touch to this kit. Looking forward to seeing your layouts.
    Cindy F.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely kit - I really like that tray with all the pretty bits & pieces ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the vintage feel of your papers and embellishments! Beautiful kit! I may have to join in this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The combination of the tan/kraft against the green is wonderful. My fave embellie? That little green tree. So sweet and so perfect. Hope it makes it to a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your visit and comment in my blog! I'm glad I found yours, too, because I've been enjoying your kit posts. I wish I had time to join the Counterfeit Kit challenge one day - I'm intrigued by the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the items you picked for your kit looks like a fun one to use :) I'm excited to see what you do with a few items in your kit and how you use them, I've got some myself and have added to kits but never used them, just cause I didn't know what to do with them so this will be fun to see what you do for some great inspiration and maybe I'll get them used :)

    ReplyDelete