- Computer misbehaved.
- All photos disappeared. (yep, entire pictures directory!)
- Local technician recovered a miniscule number of pictures.
- Computer crashed – delayed reaction?
- 2 lengthy calls to Hewlett Packard.
- 2 separate diagnoses.
- 2 more days of crashes.
- Last ditch remedy - computer restored to the recovery image.
- Computer as pristine as when it came out of the box.
- Flashback to six months prior and the horror of starting over.
- Backup preparations taken before recovery failed. (when it rains . . . . )
- Recently recovered pictures lost. (it pours! )
- And so it went . . .
- Time does fly quicker (and files accumulate faster) when you forget to back up your PC. That’s just the way the cosmic cyber forces roll.
- Pick a common sense backup solution, not easy given the convoluted solutions Windows offers. (Better yet, pick two, in case you really do not understand how to use the first.)
- Clear clutter on your computer often. Restoring old stuff you had deleted, only to have to delete it again is salt poured upon the wound. (Darn that umbrella-toting Morton girl!)
- Do something with your pictures sooner rather than later. Even though I lost pictures for the last 6 months, I had already scrapped most of the important ones, and had gotten ahead on required blog posts. Whew!
So today, in a happier mood - I am going to share with you a weeks old photo of me snapping a phone shot of my daughter’s computer keyboard. See how pretty it looks. Isn’t she the crafty one with her Smash tape.
I don’t think I could do this on my HP keyboard and still use it, as it is smaller than the Dell I was used to for 7 years and I'm still mistyping a lot. Have I mentioned lately just how much I miss my Dell? Maybe I will rescue the keyboard and decorate it for old times’ sake. Surely I have a little extra washi around here.
Just seeing that keyboard makes me wonder what evil lurks underneath waiting to betray her at the most inopportune time! (I said I was happier, I didn’t say I was over it!)
What’s happening with you? Are you giving Sian a wave this Monday?