photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

17 July 2015

Quick Projects from a Quick Kit

Remember Jill Sprout’s challenge that I blogged about last month. 

Remember the quick kit I pulled together for the challenge.  Wonder what ever happened to it?



I set the kit aside, perfectly contained, looking unbelievably coordinated in an orange tray, on top of my cardstock files that roll under the desktop next to the window.  And I promptly forgot it was there.  Three weeks flew by.  I  remembered the challenge upon waking yesterday morning.  It was time to dig in.

First of all, my warm-up project was a fun, funky card.  I like that I used several of the stickers on this one.

DSC02705

Secondly, my main accomplishment was a layout of my kids, their cousin and grandparents on Thanksgiving 2006. I’m patting myself on the back for using the green swiss dot cardstock, as I am not really a fan of green.  Here the metal embellishments form a visual triangle.  I even went so far as to slip the metal ring off the product card holding the metal words and slip it onto the tag tied with ribbon. Another tag, less ornately beribboned, holds the journaling.

DSC02698


And third, and my most favorite, is this card that I created based on the current Retro Sketches challenge.

          DSC02710

I like this no stamping card.  You will notice that I simplified the sketch too.
And then one more card using some chipboard I had picked up recently at Tuesday Mornings.

DSC02707

I added a few things to these projects that were not in my kit, the rubber band and epoxy arrow on the first card, the green epoxy flowers and extra large brad on the layout, the little gold metal swirls on the second card, and chipboard and twine on the third card.  I applied Stampin’ Up’s Bermuda Bay journal marker to the rubber band and their chalk marker on the wood veneer swirly-cue.

At that point, I had used up most of the patterned paper scraps.  I finished them off by making a pocket page header that will coordinate with my kraft travelogue album.  I have temporarily attached it and two other neutral scraps to a piece of cardstock.  I will slip it, the ribbons, a couple of the banners and the unused journal cards into a page protector as a mini-kit until I have travel pictures to fill up a pocket page.

DSC02701

I rarely do so many projects all in one day, but I was motivated by the deadline.  Also, hubby was working outside most of the day on a project, so I bopped back and forth between the studio and the laundry room.  As soon as I clean up the studio, I am going to hop over to Jill’s and see who else has completed the challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Wow great creations! A fun challenge and effective way to get inspired. The Retro Sketch card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful, Susanne, and your layout is such a wonderful way to document that family photo. I'm so glad you played along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job working with your kit and using your product up. Verry cute cards , by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy!! I loveeeeeeeeeee these!! your cards are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! All your projects are fabulous!! There was a reason why you did so much in one day!! Love your funky card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! My favorite is definitely the "Hello Sunshine" card - very different but gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness you're so creative

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous use of the kit and as ever, very impressive! I love that gold card too. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That kit worked great. I love the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on getting the three projects done before the deadline. Gorgeous colours and I like that no stamp card too.

    ReplyDelete