photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 August 2015

August 2015 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop

Welcome to the August counterfeit reveal!!  Did you start out at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, and travel here by way of Stephanie’s blog?  If not, you can find the full hop itinerary at the bottom of this post.  Speaking of itineraries . . .

here we go!

Starting: scrappy canary inspiration kit

Scrappy Canary (Australia) was our inspiration kit for August.  Named Globe-trotter, obviously it was a travel themed kit.  Well, that was not floating my boat.  I have keyed in on the colors (pink, red, blue, grey, off white, and yellow), the patterns (narrow rows of pattern like dots, text, and arrows), and those envelopes.

That’s when the idea hit me – like being smacked upside the head with a globe.  Given that most everything in the inspiration kit is flat, these elements would work wonderfully in a card kit. I took off with just that one idea – like Beryl Markham, the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic from east to west. (The subject of a recent book I finished, Circling The Sun.)  Why not make some cards and send them flying to friends as well.

DSC02664DSC02663

Steering: I started by searching in my Lily Bee paper file.  Pink . . . red . . . dots. . .can only mean Lily Bee, right?  I found many smaller scale similar patterns in various of their lines from the past several years.  A half-used Freckled Fawn embellishment kit provided eclectic embellishments.  I rounded out the kit with odds and ends.  As I go, I can add provisions like older acrylic stamps that had come in kits, mostly unused back in the days when I was a rubber stamp gal and not an acrylic stamp gal.

My conversion to clear stamps is fairly recent and not complete, mind you.  [But I’m getting off track – not good if one hopes to arrive at their destination timely.]

DSC02665DSC02669

In keeping with my intent to send notes to friends, I am naming my card kit:
Just A Jot From Here to There.

Just A Jot 

Stashing:
  • Lily Bee – Domestic Bliss, Autumn Spice, Happily Lost, Victoria Park, Three Little Birds, Stationary, This and That papers, Victoria Park alphabet & Handmade diecuts
  • Freckled Fawn washi tapes, label stickers, plastic houses & stars, paper clips, felt doily, glittered arrows and epoxy hearts
  • American Crafts chipboard, cork labels, ribbons, buttons
  • Elle’s Studio die-cuts and tags
  • Best Creations metal dots
  • Queen & Co. glittered buttons & stars, plastic shaped buttons
  • Jolee’s glittered butterflies
  • Peebles kraft envelopes
  • Stampin Up plain envelopes, cardstock in blue bayou, confetti white, primrose petals, and pretty in pink


    DSC02670
Stopping over:
I hope you have a pleasant journey visiting the remaining stopovers on this hop.  Happy travels!

18 comments:

  1. All those coloured hearts and stars caught my eye.Your kit is quite pretty and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the inspiration kit and a wonderful way to have it suit your purpose! I love the reds and pinks you added and all those fun little trinkets you included too. Did you enjoy the book? It's on my "to read" list but I haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the direction you decided to take - I think it's so interesting how we all find such different things to inspire from the original kits. This is a super card making kit - and it's huge too! Looking forward to seeing those notes and cards being created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty, and I think you have definitely captured the vibe of the inspiration. It's a wonderful size for a series of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect for cards - I especially like all those FUN little embellishments & that letter sticker sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card kit! The blue ribbon made me think of the nautical blue paper from the Globe Trotter kit. Love all the buttons and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well put together kit. Can't wait to see the cards you make xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to make a card kit - love all the little bits and pieces you pulled together (especially those enamel hearts!) and can't wait to see your cards. The recipients will be very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful take on the "travel" theme. The recipients of your cards are very lucky, indeed to be on the list. Such a pretty kit. Love all the bits and bobs. Eye candy to gaze upon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your colorful kits! I put kits together too---it just makes grabbing a set of photos and a kit do easy when I have some time rather than "wasting" it trying to figure out what I'm going to use. Can't wait to see the layouts you come up with when you use your kits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun take on the counterfeit this month and the perfect card kit :) Well done and so cool :) I look forward to seeing what you create with this fun kit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! Creating a card kit is such a good idea! Love your selection and cool combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love making card kits - and yours has turned out beautifully. I especially like all of the butterful elements, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely kit. Looking forward to all of your cards with this one.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful kit, it says Summer with the bright and cheerful colours

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card kit - look forward to seeing all the creations. I really like that alphabet too, such a nice font.

    ReplyDelete