photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

12 August 2015

August Counterfeit Challenge #2–Be Inspired by Gift Wrap

Today’s challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog is to be inspired by gift wrap.

I found this fun example of DIY gift wrap by Red Ted Art on Pinterest and thought the splatters would work equally well for a birthday card.  Out came my Mr. Huey mists in Hot Diggity and Bonnie Blue.

Downloads1

I splattered on a confetti white Stampin Up card background (just one and done, no dumping of the bottles this time around).  Of course, the other primary color that always works with red and blue is yellow. So for pizzazz, I added 3 stars elements by sewing each of them onto the card and an epoxy sticker I have had in my stash for – ev- er!  A quick little marker outlining is the finishing touch.

That’s all folks, for today.  I’m supposed to be taking a blog break, after all.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my! Those stars are beautiful. A gift this pretty, will never get unwrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous and so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple and so effective and eye catching. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an AWESOME idea!! Pinning!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE what you created!! And I was surprised but happy to see you posted. Enjoy that break!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect! What a simply lovely card! Those yellow stars are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore splatters and this is a great project!! Love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the INSPIRATION for such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is a cute card - I like the stars, they really pop against that background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card and I bet it was fun to make! Hope you're enjoying your break!

    ReplyDelete