photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

16 August 2015

August Counterfeit Challenge #3–Inspired by Friends

The last challenge over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog this month is to be inspired by the word FRIENDS.  Well, for this card-making gal, that is a cinch.  Here are more cards I churned out with this month’s kit, all to be sent to friends.

First, a card obviously for a friend.  The stamp is from Stampin Up’s Notewothy set.  The So tag is actually from a piece of clothing.  I love this Lily Bee Three Little Birds paper.  I added a sliver of the reverse side of that paper covered in decorative tape (this is clear and not removable like washi) and the embellishment cluster nearer the birds.

august cards-002

Here’s another card using the same paper, plus a central banner from Elle’s Studio to which I added the words to you.  I put banners of die-cuts and ribbons to each side, then added a star and the linen twine as finishing touches.

august cards-004

By the time you read this post, the rest of my kit will have been dismantled and put away. I have learned that unless the kit was compiled for a particular project, like a trip with pages still to finish, I very rarely go back to a kit and pick it up again.  It sits there for 6 months and then I dismantle it, often in the meantime looking for an item that I have forgotten was included there.  I have known about this bad habit of mine for awhile but am finally conceding that I will never do any better in that regard.

So onward and upward with the next great kit!

9 comments:

  1. The dismantling isn't quite so much fun as pulling it together I've found..

    I love that cute little bird paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute bird paper, congrats on getting the kit taken apart and put away. I remind myself there will always be another kit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely cards .... You have lucky friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! LOVE the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card...you have really made some great cards before dismantling the kit...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice! these are both really pretty and well done for recognising your own foibles of using up the kits! I keep mine on the shelf, as you know, and use them from time to time until I feel they are done. I like the variety that gives me and doesn't limit me to only using the colours and designs of this month's kit - different horses for different courses so to speak! And I actually really like dismantling the kit at the end of its life. I love how I see that there is so little left which means all the rest has been used!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are lovely but I really really like the banner with the twine - very sweet! I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really? You end up dismantling the kit that quickly? Wow! I love the ruthlessness :)

    ReplyDelete