photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

17 August 2015

Me On Monday – ignoring my blog break


Here I am first thing – having slept in a little later than usual.  Before getting tied up with other things, I wave at Sian @ From High In The Sky and take my first picture for Ali Edwards’ the Week In The Life challenge. As Ali would say – let’s do this!



We had a let’s do this attitude all weekend.  Friday night we went to a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game followed by late night snacking at a Blues and Soup establishment.  Saturday morning we had breakfast at our favorite place – The Egg & I – then quick stops at the Fantasy Card shop (the “required” new game cards were acquired)  and the scrapbook store across the street (2 new goodies – neither “required” were acquired) before heading home by 1 in the afternoon.  Car talk was all about the cute multi-colored blue-eyed dachshund that would have been riding home with us if he had been for sale. I'm not sure what Dukie would have thought about that.  The young ones had a wedding to attend @ 4 pm, and us old folks puttered around the house doing odd chores the rest of the day.

On Sunday we continued – let’s get an early start, they all said.  So early church was followed by a trip to Best Buy to procure a small flat screen TV for daughter’s dorm room.  Darn it if Best Buy doesn’t open until 11 a.m., so we went to the nearby Fresh Market and picked up some delectable ingredients for a new pork chop recipe.  Darn it again, we had 15 more minutes to kill before Best Buy opened, that is the Best Buy next store to the Michaels, don’t you know.  20 minutes and only 3 small unrequired acquisitions later we were on our way home, picking up lunch @ Culvers in transit – we were NOT yet psyched up for elaborate cooking.

The afternoon was spent binge watching Breaking Bad downstairs (they finished to the last episode, thank heavens) and binge listening to Scrap Gal podcasts upstairs (I’m only about 8 episodes in, over a year behind) while working on some happy mail.

Dinner was yummy although delayed as the propane tank for the grill gave out too early, and the chops had to be finished in the oven.  They were worth the wait.  By 9 pm I fell dead tired into bed and dreamed of my long past working days – of all things.

So I am finishing up sending out happy mail, until daugther wakes up and we head to the gym. One of the things I wanted to accomplish on my blog break was to sort through my 3 small baskets of cards.  It is time to get them in the mail and donate some also to the Project Compassion group at church.

I am starting to miss catching up with everyone’s blogs, so I may ignore the blog break and get around to visit a few of you (perhaps multi-tasking while the laundry runs).  Happy Monday.

12 comments:

  1. Hope you find a moment to share that pork chop recipe! Those cards are so pretty, they really will be happy mail for the people who receive them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday to you, too! So good to see you peeking from behind those lovely cards! Sounds like a very FUN and productive weekend, with a few additions to the stash for when that mojo returns. :) I'm waving back from Texas as I clean house, do a little paperwork, and set up for an Intro to Bible Journaling class I'm hosting here tomorrow for my young lady friends who'll be heading back to college at the end of the week. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Buy and Michaels? You do know how to make a girl jealous! Nice picture. Enjoy your week sending out your cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and a Monday wave to you Susanne. I can never go into Michaels without buying something. I like your heart card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a productive time was had - and unnecessary purchases are always fun. Nice to see you peeking out from behind the cards. Sounds like you made a decision regarding WiTL in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much going on, and it all sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a busy time all in all! Glad you broke down and ignored your blog break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and we miss you too. I am so glad that you have checked in xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. it does sound like you had a good time and got lots done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to seeing how you choose to document WITL. I'm working on my own WITL album this week (well, mainly the photographs and words) so I'm really curious to see how my blog friends work! Hope you're having a good week! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete