photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

22 September 2015

Cards from Chipboard Collections

Before my recent crop, I set an objective to use up leftovers from layout classes I had taken at Creating Keepsakes conventions 3 or 4 years ago.  I had many sheets of paper and lots of chipboard leftover from a class which used My Mind’s Eye Kate & Co. Cambridge Court line. Sometimes if we liked the papers used in a class we would purchase more of the coordinating pieces afterward – that must have been what happened with this line.

Here is the chipboard piece which gives you a good idea of the tone and colors of the collection.

mmecambridgecourt

I searched online for card ideas and I hit the jackpot.  Archiver’s had sold a Cambridge Court collection card kit with PDF directions for the 10 cards, and a page of sentiments to add to the cards, if desired.  [In exchange for the ideas, it is possible that I placed an order with Archiver’s at the time!  It only seemed fair.]

First thing at the crop, I whipped through 9 of the 10 cards, using post-it notes to remind myself to add a finishing touch or two when I returned home.  Here are those completed cards:

DSC03609-001

I then turned to making a few cards of my own design, based on the leftover pieces and the bits and bobs I brought to the crop.  Here are those cards:

DSC03611-001

Then of course I also had the companion MME Kate & Co. Oxford Lane collection, but fewer leftovers – including less than half the chipboard.

oxfordlanechipboard

Could I get so lucky that Archiver’s would have done the same thing for this collection?  I did get so lucky.  [It is possible that I added another item to my online order at this point. Still seemed only fair!]

Look at these cards.

DSC03613-001

And a few of my own design.

DSC03615-001

So with all due credit to Archiver’s, I used up lots of old stash and started out at a lightning fast pace of productivity at the crop.  In the event that some may pooh-pooh my lack of originality, I say:  frankly, my dears, I just don’t give a chipboard embellishment.  I am thrilled about getting more done!  Try it, you’ll like it.

10 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! These are all gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, WOW! Look at you using up old stash and creating beautiful cards. I like the colours too. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great fun - I figure that someone got paid to design them, I'm just utilising that resource :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrap-lifting (or in this case card-lifting) is a fabulous way to increase productivity. All of these are gorgeous! I really need to start making cards - thanks for sharing your inspiration and your great designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, these are fantastic & you certainly did have a very productive start to the crop. I think finding & using those directions was truly inspired . . . and ordering a few new things along the way was just a bonus, right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my oh my .... LOVE LOVE LOVE these

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your idea of checking out existing card ideas for your collections is a great one and gave you the chance to consider that the second day of your crop was in fact another day. wink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, what a beautiful selection of cards! They are all lovely!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow awesome designing.. all of your cards are lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're all lovely Susanne! Hmmm, you've given me some ideas of what to do with the chip board bits I have here.

    ReplyDelete