photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

07 September 2015

Challenge YOUrself #22

Note to Self – a Challenge YOUrself layout

note to self 

Start: The sketch provided by Challenge YOUrself was my starting point.

challenge yourself 22

Style: I chose peachy and sandy tones to complement the blues in my photo and reflect the feeling of warm sunshine. Those colors were the same I had used when doing a travel album of our trip to Bimini in 2010.  I was working from memory, and was ever so happy when I slipped this page in the album, a dead on match.  The lightly stamped flowers in the background mimic impressions in the sand.

The recent snafu of losing pictures on my computer caused me to reload pictures from my backup – included some pictures of this trip that I had not scrapped the first time around.  This was one I discovered on my second look.

The quote from Stampin Up’s Daring Adventure set was perfect for this page.

I am finding I definitely like wood veneer better with color – here I inked three pieces with SEI peach ink and then gave two other pieces a whitewashed look with Stampin Up’s chalk marker that I applied lightly and then smudged with my fingers.

This layout uses scraps leftover from my Happy Days With You July Counterfeit Kit.

Stash: Bazzill cardstock, Bazzill Basics patterned papers (2), Crate Paper patterned paper, Studio Calico journal card, Hero Arts tags, DMC floss, Prima, Paper Camellia and Studio Calico wood veneers, Pink Paislee alphabet, Hero Arts and Stampin Up’s stamps, SEI inks, Stampin Up Chalk marker

15 comments:

  1. I love this beautiful layout, Susanne! The colors are so soft and pretty! Your take on the sketch and theme is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! LOVING the colors and the tags!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love how the wood looks in color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color choices to showcase your photo! I especially like the tags and all those layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page!! LOVE the peach background!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful page.
    Great layout, love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color on this is just beautiful and perfectly picks up the pink/peach in your photo. Great idea to color the wood veneer too - have to remember to do that more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, Love the inking of the wood veneers.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous page Susanne, I'm really looking forward to doing this challenge. Love the sketch and the journaling prompt too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello Susanne!
    What a lovely layout with such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your page is stunning Susanne...love each detail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susanne, this layout is beautiful!! The colors are perfect! Love that peach/coral and beige combo. It really makes the colors in your photo "pop!" Just LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tend to use veneer plain but used to colour it in the past - these are such a lovely colour. adding it to memory for the next time I use them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks wonderful Susanne! I love the colour combination you've chosen for it.

    ReplyDelete