photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

16 September 2015

Counterfeit Challenge Three–Mix and Match Sketches

The final challenge this month over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog is to mix and match sketches.  There are two layout sketches posted over at CKC, and you can use whatever bits of each sketch that you like to make a new creation.

Studio Calico provides layout, card and pocket page sketches for inspiration.  Because I am doing Project Life, I adapted two sketches that they provided for Project Life pockets in recent months.

Downloads3

And here is how I mixed them on a single pocket page layout, using the top right and bottom left sketches on this page.

DSC03518

1.  I made the CAPTION “Bored” by placing foam letters over a piece of washi tape on a 3 x 4 card to make an eye-catching introductory pocket.  I then did a similar caption in the last pocket, which tells the ends of the story.

2.  I used a washi tape star (actually had to double them up to make it more visible on the photo) as an accent tying 2 pictures of the dormitory together.  The horizontal lines of the buildings reminded me of the lines on the bottom left sketch card.

3.  Here’s the scoop:
Jen finishes her summer internship and spends time with friends.  Once they have returned to college, she becomes bored very quickly.  Luckily this shot was taken the day before we took her back to school – her home away!

DSC03515

The idea of sketches for pocket page scrapbooking is an interesting one. The idea of a whole divided page layout sketch seems like it would be more of a hindrance than a help.  And at first I thought it hardly seems necessary to have a sketch for a single pocket, but . . . for those who want to add embellishments in their pockets, I can see where a road map might help guide the way and limit the guesswork.  I will try a few more before deciding yay or nay.  What say you on this subject?

14 comments:

  1. I don't really use sketches, but I am intrigued by the idea of a whole pocket page plan. I'd like to try that.

    Best of luck to her for the new term!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this spread! LOVING how you split the one photo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job making the sketches work for Project Life! I agree with Julie, splitting the photo was a brilliant idea. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure about sketches for PL pockets - but I like how you've use the washi behind the letters. I like splitting photos across pockets, always a fun way to add interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of using a sketch for a PL spread - it just seems like the page protector would really determine where everything will go. You did bring up a good point though - a sketch can definitely spark ideas for embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely spread...love how she went from bored to excited :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the split photo look! Mmm, I can see that a sketch plan might help those who haven't much experience of scrapbooking with grids ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I still have not mastered splitting photos between two pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to use sketches, but haven't thought of using them for pocket pages. Great job on this FUN page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susanne, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love your pocket page!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never given any thought to sketches for Project Life pages, but I certainly like these! You remind me that I need to get going on my pages for July and August!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't use sketches enough. I should learn from you, oh master.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never thought of using sketches in a pocket page project. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete