photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

19 September 2015

Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries

Remember that card I made earlier this month.

DSC03522

Well here it is on a page.  What’s the story, you ask?
Life is just a bowl of cherries . . . or a cup of blueberries. 
In anticipation of annual check-ups and vacations at the beach we redouble our efforts to lose weight and get fit. Jen loves to cook healthy dishes with fresh ingredients and discover new herbs and spice combinations. While I track my calories and Tim drags me to the gym most days, I still have the occasional failure to temptation.

I was really happy how this page came together.  I was also happy to find out at the doctors office that while I had only lost a few pounds, my cholesterol was down by 10%.  Maybe I’ll be a little more motivated to continue at the gym now.

DSC03525

Now that I’ve told a couple stories of this month, I set about doing a single page of miscellaneous photos with no central theme.
 
DSC03528

As it turned out, several of the photos were connected to the theme of the mail. Did you notice that I was so bold as to even write on my pictures?  That made it even quicker than doing a journal card.

DSC03529

I will be back shortly with a recap of my PL experience for August.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING how you used the cherries tag and loving all the photos!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are fantastic! I need to get better about writing directly on the photos - I am just so afraid I will mess them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great. I really like the writing along the fence rail & your cherry card worked perfect, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project life pages. They turned out super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pages - and congrats on the success of the health kick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff! Both the exercise and the recording thereof. We're just back from gathering blackberries..and we're telling ourselves that's two in one: exercise and extra vitaminC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photos with no central theme is not a bad idea! Like the sketch selfie "Hate this" in the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you cropped your photos to fit the PL page pockets---and rounded the corners. Lookin' good! I love random!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful PL spreads! Kudos on the good report from the Dr!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the lower cholesterol! Loving the inspiration to do something with my random photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cherry tag is very sweet - and lots of colour on both on these. Well done on those heath achievements: inch by inch, it's a cinch - as my grandmother used to say :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I spotted the writing along the fence too. Nice touch! Lovely pages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks good. I liked the writing along the fence. I use My Fitness Pal too - it connects to my Fitbit. Congratulations on the healthy steps, lower numbers are a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like you are having PL fun. I really need to get on board

    ReplyDelete
  15. They both look great and well done on that lower cholesterol!

    ReplyDelete