photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

01 September 2015

September 2015 Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop

Start: This month’s inspiration kits are the Pop Art kits from Studio Calico.

Lots of white and black with pops of strong color – very artsy.  Reminiscent of the Beautiful Mess kits we counterfeited just months ago.

Aug_Reveal_-_PLM-14272

Looking at this kit made me want to jump with joy.  I immediately thought:

DSC03076

Okay, honestly I have other reasons for picking up the Project Life habit again, but that’s another story for another day – or for a very full 4 x 6 journaling card!


Style:    Since I’m picking up in mid-year, I decided it would be best to use those sundry cards I was storing in the divided box there.

So armed with the Studio Calico kit listings, I pulled these cards from brands including Studio Calico, Hello Forever, In a Creative Bubble, Life Love Paper, Tim & Beck, Scraptastic and  a few free printables too.  I rounded all the corners for a uniform look.

DSC03031

Those are my cards.  Those were my cards, until I made the mistake of taking a look at the Studio Calico PL add-on kits.  I added a few more cards, plus two stamp sets, two alphabets and the cutest darn printables from Cocoa Daisy.

DSC03032

Then I added a box of doo-dads!  I tried to stay on the flat side with these, using only flair that had come in prior SC kits – they seem to be thinner than most other brands.  A good dose of the other items came from Freckled Fawn.

DSC03048 
Stash-It-All: DSC03046-001 
Stay the Course: And see what the other counterfeiters have in store for your viewing pleasure and scrapping inspiration.  If you get lost along the way, you can always get back on track at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.

Now skedaddle!  After you get one last look at my kit, that is.
CKC3-001

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous kit Susanne, I would be thrilled if this showed up on my doorstep. I've totally fallen off the Project Life bandwagon so hopefully your work this month will inspire me to pull out my own PL cards and get back in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that looks like a perfect (re-)start to Project Life - love those rounded corners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project life kit has lots of scope with all those cards and pretty embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful kit Susanne. Can't wait to see your creations as I have included a lot of Project Life cards in mine, I need all the inspiration I can get to use some of them
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  5. What FUN watching your kit grow before my very eyes! I was mentally putting things together as I browsed. Can't wait to see what creations emerge from your studio this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, super cute kit :) Love that your going the PL way and I'm excited to see what you do with it :) I have lots of kits so new fresh look and ideas are perfect for this gal that should get back and finish a couple of years :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is *so* much fun. I love all of the little cards, colours and fun embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Especially the box of bits and bobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this! The colors and patterns are just so happy and your box of embellishments is a perfect accompaniment. I've been thinking about making a kit with just PL cards one of these months but you beat me to it - I'm looking forward to seeing how you use everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It did remind my of the Messy kit, too. Your collection of doodads are carefully chosen...down to the flatness of the flair. Genius! I wouldn't have thought of that. Happy PL-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun stuff - I like the way you've rounded the corners and that little box of bits is tempting to dip into.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a perfect kit for jumping back in to PL! Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you really picked out a lovely collection of cards and (flat) embellies for your kit. I'm interested to see you picking up the PL baton mid year. I keep telling myself I should do it. I really need to think about it. Your kit is super and full of fun and bright colours that really reflect the original.

    ReplyDelete